Idle all over thr place

Curtintegrea

Here is the deal. Got a 1990 Acura integra gs. I put new head gasket on and a bunch of other new parts including new valve seals. Set the timming tdc. Started the car and and it idles really low like its going to die. Push thw gas and the car will accelerate fine. Checkd my iac valve and when disconnectd it wil die cause the idle is so low. I adjusted the screw on tb and it is almoat all the way out and still wont idle right. I tightened the throttle cable just enough so it would idle smoother and then idle starts bouncing. Probly cause not suppose to adjust the idle though the cable but i couldnt figure out how to get it to idle.i took distributor off and put it back on at tdc with rotor pointing at number 1 point. Even with it set ther i had to turn distributor all the way to one side or it wouldnt idle at all. Just curious of any idead or suggestion. Im leaning towards the throttle position sesor or the cold fast idle vavle. I know the timing is right but dont know if something else could be off. Any ideas please. Dont know if it makes a diff its a 5 speed jdm 1990 acura integra gs with upgraded fuel rail and headers and cold air intake

moezer

Sounds like a timing issue to me run the car then put it at DTC Nd take the disturboutor off and see where the mark is, if it's not at cylinder one then ur timing is off at the timing belt, I had the same issues when I changed my valve cover, check ur compression on the head maybe u missed a step and the engine isnt compression good

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Curtintegrea

Sounds like a timing issue to me run the car then put it at DTC Nd take the disturboutor off and see where the mark is, if it's not at cylinder one then ur timing is off at the timing belt, I had the same issues when I changed my valve cover, check ur compression on the head maybe u missed a step and the engine isnt compression good

Checked all that it is good. Got it narrowed down to one or two things. Throttlw position sensor and the cold fast idle thermo valve

moezer

Checked all that it is good. Got it narrowed down to one or two things. Throttlw position sensor and the cold fast idle thermo valve
Was the car running normal before that

Curtintegrea

Was the car running normal before that

Yes it was but it sat for 2 mths while i waited on being able to buy parts. The fast idle is still pulling vacum while its at operating temp which is causeing a vacuum leak

moezer

Follow the vacume lines ad or replace all of them