idle problem

jenktj93

i press the pedal idle does not return to normal. i pull the pedal towards me with my foot and it returns to normal
while driving i took off by slowly releasing the clutch without pressing the gas and the car did not stall it just kept driving slow. like it was an automatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU1c56CU6c8

Last edited:

jenktj93

i dont think thats it i mean it was fine before i did the timing belt now its like this. pressing the brakes and releasing moves the idle as well.
what do you think about the car driving in first with no gas pedal used. take off with the clutch and it does not stall like it should
thanks yea it is pretty quiet that about the only good thing on it so far..deserate need of a shell

Last edited:

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
well the idle could be anything, it could be the IACV, the ECU, a vaccum leak, ignition problems(spark plugs, spark plug wires),o2 sensor, or fuel injectors. the car driving in first with no gas im not sure, it could be a bad accelerater pump. is the check engine light on? does the car ever stall out when it is idling low?

jenktj93

i took off the intake and covered the 2 holes the car stalled. i guess that eliminates a leak. as for the ignition sometimes when i got to start. like in one motion clutch, turn key start. it will pause nothing happens i hold the key then it kicks over. no lights on the dash

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
well i had a similar problem with the idling. after i would give it gas it would end up dropping to about 300-600 rpm and eventually stall sometimes. i ended up getting a new main fuel relay, and an ECU. my local dealership was nice enough to diagnose it for free and install the ECU for free. if i were you, i would take it to a shop and have it diagnosed. like i said it can be a lot of things. if you havent recently, i would change the spark plugs and o2 sensor and see if that makes any difference