Ignition Lock Cylinder

mirrorimg

Hey everyone, im in need of some new parts, and need advice. I have put this repair off far too long. Which is since I realized it was a problem 2 weeks ago ;)

My cars ignition lock cylinder is spent, and the dealership quoted me about 270.00 for just parts I believe. Theres no way in hell I plan on letting them do it... Ive had a hard time searching for replacement cylinders but I have come across a few. Some of them are running ~260, which is practically what the dealer told me, but I found another site with them for 200, and more enticing are the used parts I came across on ebay. My question is, would you all choose to take a new cylinder over a used one? Do I need to be wary of used lock cylinders? Used ebay parts I have found ranged from 60-90.00, which is a significant difference.

DC2tegraGSR

I think it's best if you buy new, it's expensive but you're getting what you paid for... as for ebay parts I wouldn't really count on them too much, I'd rather use genuine Honda/Acura parts straight from the dealers in that way you can count on them to work best and most parts (I think all, all mines did) come with warranties so if anything should go wrong you know they've got you covered!

Mpower

Hi all, I think it is time to get a lick cylinder for the 1992 Gsr. At times, the car does not start and I have to move the key in different positions to get it to start. Dash lights come on, but does not start, which means there is some connector problem somewhere in the lock cylinder (since dash lights are on, I assume it is not a ignition switch/coil problem).

Where can I get a lock cylinder? I do not want to use an after market. Any body have one?
Can these lock cylinders be rebuilt?
Any insights or direction would be welcome.

Thanks!

Mpower

On this forum, someone mentioned that the Honda Civic lock cylinder works for the 1992 Integra. Is that true and if so, what year of the Honda Civic part matches up to the Acura Integra. Thanks!