I'm having a crisis!!!

renarudo

A subaru dealership down the way from me is having a leasing (yeah I know renting rather than owning) deal. Only $1k down and 280/month. However I know all that money could go to other things I could do for my teg. $10k is what the math is working out to overall in payments. That could go towards new tires, rims, suspension, Recaros in the front, and a few more bits. The downside is higher insurance and payments to lease...but I'd finally get a rex....but I love MY teg. I love hydraulic power steering; electric is numb and just lacks overall feel mid-turn (for me). Ugh....sorry, as I type to rationalize my choices.

94RS

No fucks given.
You get done paying the 10k and you still wouldn't own the fucking thing... :lol:

Either spend that money on your Integra, or find an older WRX.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
For real 10k can buy you an older wrx that you would own. Or hook the integra up. Or give it to me to pay off my school loans.

renarudo

For real 10k can buy you an older wrx that you would own. Or hook the integra up. Or give it to me to pay off my school loans.
I would offer to pay your loans if I won powerball....or have a club integra track day shootout in the so cal area. You guys are right I should just invest in the teg and keep it rolling.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Don't invest in the teg. You're basically throwing away money. It's not like you're gonna get what you put it in back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
You won't get your money back either way. A boobaru doesn't seem like a good choice to lease considering how well they retain their value.

Noneed2Hate

You won't get your money back either way. A boobaru doesn't seem like a good choice to lease considering how well they retain their value.
they seem to retain their value pretty well "zomg 2001 Subaru STI modified asking $16,000 OBO"

94RS

No fucks given.
Don't invest in the teg. You're basically throwing away money. It's not like you're gonna get what you put it in back...

That's any car Mike.... I've dumped a bunch of money into my piece of crap, and still plan on spending more... And it's still a steaming pile of dung.

I didn't do that because I plan on selling it :roll:

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Yeah you all got a point. Me personally would never invest that much money on a car that's not worth a lot. I'd get a car that comes already well equipped in stock form. That's what I did. Instead of buying a civic si/rsx and making it cool and fast, I settled with a TL-S. Much better overall car, and it's already perfect the way it is.

Idk if I explained it the way I wanted too. I'm so tired.

Last edited:

renarudo

....you guys have convinced me to stay the path. I'm just going to slap new tires on the teg. I'm debating some Yokohama YK580s, BFG Super Sports A/S or some good ole Michelin Premier A/S. Maybe a cooling or exhaust upgrade?

johnandtroy

Value of a car goes down down down until it then goes up and up and up based on condition and mileage. For example, our '58 Thunderbird was only worth a couple thousand when I got it, now it is valued at $35,000 because of condition, mileage, and good body and interior.

Now in 1968, 78, and 88 it went down in value as a large car that was relatively common. Then it started to rise and rise.

SoundEfx

This is my advice.
Don't lease the subbie, but act as if you did. Meaning, take the $1K and the monthly payments and put them aside. After 3 months you'll have a few $'s to play with.