I'm looking for help choosing an integra I'm a newbie

Hluis208

We'll I'm very excited about getting me an acura integra it will be my first time owning one. I want something fast. Something newer like the 94 and up nothing older then 94. But I have no idea which is fast how to choose if it's been raced out. I need like all the advice possible. I wanna have a flashy,fast,luxurious,comfortable and something with life still in it. I see cars with b18 b20. I see new engines with only 125,000 on them but chassis has 450k. I have around 6k to drop on it. We'll I don't know much about em so before I go buy one I have my eye on. If appreciate any and all advice. Thanks here's two I like.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/4482893936.html

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/4472538719.html

cpeehler7

Banned
Welcome to the forums. If I were you I would look for a stock GSR. I looked at both links provided, the first looks nice, but it is someones project. Generally speaking, if someone modded the car it has been beat on. It is also quite expensive. I think you should give the 2nd car a look. I personally think he is asking way too much for it, but if you can get him down to about $4000 it might be a good deal.

I think what you need to look for is a solid body, and an unmolested GSR. I found mine with a bit of rust and a rough suspension for $3000. The car had 146,000 miles on it. I think $5000 for the one listed above is a bit high, but if you can get him down it would be alright. The important thing is to just not buy a project car. Give it a drive see how it feels, that's the only way to see how it runs. Ask a lot of questions too, if the guy doesn't know about any of the routine maintenance it might not be the one to buy.

I got extremely lucky and bought my GSR off of a Honda mechanic. Car runs great, and now I'm the guy you never want to buy a car off of... Put a new suspension on it, and race it hah. Good luck to you. Just don't rush into buying a car. If you check all the local listings every day, you'll eventually find a good one. I spent 3 months saving/searching before I bought mine. Luckily two black GSRs withing 20 minutes of each other showed up on the same day. Tried them both, waited a couple days and bought the cheaper one with lower miles.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
definitely the second choice is the smarter decision, but as stated above ask many questions and try to look for a gsr that has been untouched or modded in any way. Good Luck on your purchase. :)

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I'd give #2 a look. Something about the first one doesn't add up. Probably not smog friendly either. #2 @$4500 would be stretching it but worth it. $4000 would be a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94RS

No fucks given.
I want something fast.
Yet you're looking for a Honda...

Something newer like the 94 and up nothing older then 94.
20 year old cars are newer?

I have no idea which is fast how to choose if it's been raced out.
Spoken like a true ricer.

I need like all the advice possible. I wanna have a flashy,fast,luxurious,comfortable and something with life still in it.
Sounds like you want a Lexus.

I see cars with b18 b20. I see new engines with only 125,000 on them but chassis has 450k. I have around 6k to drop on it.
You need to look up the definition of the word "new."

Last edited: