intake

rodzr

i have a 96 acura integra i wat to put a intake on it is there a difference between a short ram nd a cold air intake

rexpepper123

short ram sucks warm air from behind the radiator and cold air has longer pipping that goes inside the bumper for cooler air.

rexpepper123

donno bout street legal im guessing it will say on it if its legal in your state or not. not sure tho. cold air is best.

rexpepper123

AEM is prob your best choice. they are kind of spendy tho. if i was you id buy some cheap ass ebay brand cold air intake and throw the filter away and get yourself a nice k&m filter kit. the tubing doesnt matter much the filter is whats important. instead of spending 250 for an AEM or some other brand you prob will spend half that.

rodzr

AEM is prob your best choice. they are kind of spendy tho. if i was you id buy some cheap ass ebay brand cold air intake and throw the filter away and get yourself a nice k&m filter kit. the tubing doesnt matter much the filter is whats important. instead of spending 250 for an AEM or some other brand you prob will spend half that.
alright bro thanx i need one street legal since im in cali

rexpepper123

should be i did a quick search and it says on the k&n filters they are legal in cali. one thing nice about minnesota we dont have any those laws here :D

Black teg

Catch me if you can
I hate cold air intakes. They suck up water from being in the bumper, plus you lose HP because the air has to travel more to get into the intake, and really it's not cold air in the summer, your still getting warm it.

Short arms suck because you do get the heat from the engine bay, but if you build a little plate to block it off from the engine, it helps a lot.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
I hate cold air intakes. They suck up water from being in the bumper, plus you lose HP because the air has to travel more to get into the intake, and really it's not cold air in the summer, your still getting warm it.

Short arms suck because you do get the heat from the engine bay, but if you build a little plate to block it off from the engine, it helps a lot.
Throttle response is also better with a short ram.

Also, the air a short ram sucks in gets slightly colder when your driving because of the air that comes into the engine bay.

The intake I'd say is BEST, would be the Password:JDM Power Chamber. It's technically a short ram but the chamber is much larger.

hen92

Black Teg,

Could you post a pic of how you did it? with the plate?

On a side note.... Cold air intake can always hydrolock.... not that is a big deal... There's also an icebox choice. (Cold air/Short ram hybrid)