IntegraGuy Has a New Whip!! 2004 Acura TSX

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
So i guess Murphy's law went into place today - if something can go wrong it will go wrong.

The infamous clutch bracket decided to give way to me today....luckily i was almost home and was able to make it. This is a common occurrence for these cars from what i read...

Took me about 15 min to take it off and found this...

My car has almost 160K on it so i guess it was its time to go. I will be ordering a new one from Acura and having a shop re-enforce it with additional welding.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Maybe there is a recall for if it is a common occurrence for your car? That way you can get it replaced for free.

Not that I know of there isn't - I mean the car has 160k on it and all the guys from Tsxclub haven't been able to have it replaced for free - it's only like 75$ for the whole assembly so it's not a huge loss

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Got the new pedal assembly and had One6 Motorsports do some small reinforcement welds on the bracket. Got it installed late today and it feels so much better. The car shifts so much more smoother than before.

Here are some pics.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
So did some more work over the weekend - put in a new lower ball joint on the other side but the real project was getting my Buddy club Coilovers on :)

I got them from a guy off TSXClub - as he is going to a bag setup.

Here are some pics of the finished stance... enjoy.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
So here is a little update - havent done one in a couple months.

Car is still same as what it has been, but last weekend i decided to take it auto-x'ing with another TSXclub Member.

We were in the STF Class, with 2 RSX's, a Fiat, and an EP3 Civic.

At the end of the day, the 2 TSX's took podium finishes. My TSX in First Place and the other one in Second.

I was very impressed the way my car handled, even with it having all season tires on it. It tended to understeer a decent amount. Since i have the Comptech RSB, i adjusted my dampening to stiffen the rear up and the car was much more balanced. Actually couple of times i even got the back end to slide which was fun.

Here is a video and the results.

Video

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER

Update - got some goodies.

New upper front control arms, new passenger side axle and innovative mounts.
Hopefully I can get all this stuff done this weekend. Up in wisoncsin they have auto-x racing but it is on a frozen lake.
Wanna see what the TSX can do!

Last edited:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Got my mounts installed!

I have the 75A bushings in mine. BEWARE - when you start the car for the first time after there will be a decent amount of vibration but i am told they loose up a little bit after driving. Will note that it will never be like stock but your engine wont move which is good.

Took about 4-5 Hours to do. Everything had some rust on it.
I haven't seen a write up on installing engine mounts but if you take your time you can do it yourself.
Front Passenger Side - Easiest mount. 4 bolts and they are all very accessible.
Front Mount - harder - takes some time. You have to take your radiator fans out in order to have room. After they are out, there are 4 bolts at the bottom that hold it to the sub frame. Front 2 you can get easily, but the back 2 are hard. You have to go underneath the car and break them loose.
Rear Mount - Hardest (IMO) - Since the strut bar is in the way its really hard to get at all the bolts. If you heat the bolts up (for a car that goes through the winter) they will come free usually. They are not torqued on that hard so the biggest task is getting a comfortable position to try and get them loose.

If anyone wants to tackle this let me know. I am more than willing to help.

Also - got a refurbished OEM passenger side axle installed.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Got my mounts installed!

I have the 75A bushings in mine. BEWARE - when you start the car for the first time after there will be a decent amount of vibration but i am told they loose up a little bit after driving. Will note that it will never be like stock but your engine wont move which is good.

Took about 4-5 Hours to do. Everything had some rust on it.
I haven't seen a write up on installing engine mounts but if you take your time you can do it yourself.
Front Passenger Side - Easiest mount. 4 bolts and they are all very accessible.
Front Mount - harder - takes some time. You have to take your radiator fans out in order to have room. After they are out, there are 4 bolts at the bottom that hold it to the sub frame. Front 2 you can get easily, but the back 2 are hard. You have to go underneath the car and break them loose.
Rear Mount - Hardest (IMO) - Since the strut bar is in the way its really hard to get at all the bolts. If you heat the bolts up (for a car that goes through the winter) they will come free usually. They are not torqued on that hard so the biggest task is getting a comfortable position to try and get them loose.

If anyone wants to tackle this let me know. I am more than willing to help.

Also - got a refurbished OEM passenger side axle installed.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Went Auto-x'ing this past weekend.

My TSX was in the STF Class.
Came away with 2nd place so pretty happy considering im still on all-season tires and everyone else is on summer tires.

https://youtu.be/SNFVQ7UjaGM

[YOUTUBE="integraguy041"]SNFVQ7UjaGM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Getting ready to do another auto cross tomorrow.
Here is a pic of the car all ready :)

There is a like a 80% chance of rain in the forecast - we will see what happens.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Such an awesome DD/AutoX platform. Like the Innovative Mounts you got.
Thanks man! I looked the car over and found out one of the buddy club coils shocks are leaking/blown so idk what Imma do about that.

And one of my axles must have a slow leak cuz there is grease around the ball joint.

O well still gonna race :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Noneed2Hate

sweet looking build bro, sleek. Also really dug that video, ripping up some asphalt while mobbing deep. Good stuff!

Also like those mounts! Those are what I have, a bit stiff but awesome!