Is balancing the crankshaft must do?

tonydize21

Im rebuilding my motor from scratch,i was told from the guy from the machiine that i had to balanced everything crankshaft,damper,clutch,pressure plate and flywheel but what about when is time to change tge clutch again?i will un balance it again right?what other things are 'must do'when rebuilding

Rx7driver4Life

From what I know you only need to balance the crank if you are using a new crankshaft. Now for a performance build you will want to have the whole rotating assembly balanced for maximum performance. If you are doing a stock rebuild unless your crank is in need of a journal polish or a turn down no machining should be necessary. It all depends on the condition of the bearings upon dissasembly.

And a new clutch will not throw off your balance.

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
From what I know you only need to balance the crank if you are using a new crankshaft. Now for a performance build you will want to have the whole rotating assembly balanced for maximum performance. If you are doing a stock rebuild unless your crank is in need of a journal polish or a turn down no machining should be necessary. It all depends on the condition of the bearings upon dissasembly.

tonydize21

i do need to polish the crankshaft at least,it has marks on the main journals

mirrorimg

The cranks from the factory are already pretty well balanced, which is one of the reasons they they can achieve such high RPMs.

GSR and ITR cranks are better balanced than LS cranks. ITR cranks are also knife-edged.

tonydize21

i do need to polish the crankshaft at least,it has marks on the main journals