Is OBD I better for turbo then OBD II

GSR-Bojan

As of right now i have OBD II in my 2000 Gs-r, i plan on turboing it soon, so i was wondering if it is worth the money to have OBD I installed in before i put the turbo on..... thanks

rob1570

DC2 GS-R
If your gonna use hondata as engine management, you can only use obd1 anyways sonit depends on your plans

rob1570

DC2 GS-R
I was not talking about kpro, I was talking about the hondata s series. Last time I checked they are
Only compatible with obd1. Kpro is not for 3rd gen integras so it is irrelivent to bring that up. Try using hondata on your obd2 and see if it works. It won't unless you have the jumper harness or you convert to obd1.

White_Rabbit

I was not talking about kpro, I was talking about the hondata s series. Last time I checked they are
Only compatible with obd1. Kpro is not for 3rd gen integras so it is irrelivent to bring that up. Try using hondata on your obd2 and see if it works. It won't unless you have the jumper harness or you convert to obd1.
QFT, save yourself the headache and get yourself an OBD1 ECU and a jumper harness. Unless you've got a mild setup and you're just gonna use a S-AFC. Otherwise, obd1 and Hondata S100 is the way to go.