JDM ITR 4-1 header into 94-99 GSR fitment trouble?

TypeR?

so i just finished putting on a jdm itr 4-1 header on my 95 gsr but it doesnt bolt up to my stock catalytic converter. the header is to long!!! what should i do?
here is a pic of the header since everyone loves pics!:D

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You need a cat that is exactly 1 foot long to bridge the gap between the end of the header and you stock B pipe location. I had a JDM ITR in my 95 GSR for a while, so I know. I bought a universal Carsound cat, had it cut to legnth then had the flanges welded on.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It's the only legal option, test pipes are illegal.

TypeR?

and cutting the b-pipe shorter is out of the equation because of placement of the cat right?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I bought mine locally, not online. Do some Goolgling, you should find a few sites. Carsound is made by Magnaflow.

jdm jon

testpipes are so nice, with full header/exhuast they realy let the v-tec pop real hard............id just swap mine if i ever had to bring it to the inspection station.

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
this looks like a winner! and my o2 sensor will bolt into the header so i dont have to worry about having one in the cat or running the wires longer!
http://car-sound.com/02product/universal/910.asp
Yep, pretty sweet. Love that single sensor OBD1'ness.
I definitley recommend putting anti-sieze on the threads of your O2 sensor. When I went to take off the ITR to have the engine pulled for a rebuild, we couldn't get the O2 sensor out of the ITR header. We had to drill out the entire stock bung with the O2 still in it, weld in a new bung, and by a new O2 sensor. You may be able to tell in my pic, that O2 bung isn't factory.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Yeah, and they smell even worse. I loved the way my exhaust sounded after installing my JDM ITR and Carsound cat (I installed them together). VTEC activation became much more noticeable than with the stock manifold and cat, I absolutley loved the way it sounded. Hearing that VTEC open up....hearing the air charging through the Carsound underneath the center console....sounded like heaven. Couldn't get the smile off my face for weeks.

heykosal

Angkorian
Yeah, and they smell even worse. I loved the way my exhaust sounded after installing my JDM ITR and Carsound cat (I installed them together). VTEC activation became much more noticeable than with the stock manifold and cat, I absolutley loved the way it sounded. Hearing that VTEC open up....hearing the air charging through the Carsound underneath the center console....sounded like heaven. Couldn't get the smile off my face for weeks.
that gonna be me real soon. right when i get a cat itll all go on the car.