JDM ITR 4-1 header into 94-99 GSR fitment trouble?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Thinking there isnt a leak and knowing are not the same. Even if its a small leak. Id like to know how you guys are sure. Header to cat side is bolted on using spring and bolt usually. Without a gasket, youre saying the thin edge of the header outlet sits tight against the flared inlet of the cat with no leak. What im saying is that its possible that at the very least it has small leaks from flex movement if not constant small leak because no gasket but maybe too small to carry a noticeable affect on performance, daily driven.

gsr_nikhil

Well I know for a fact there's a leak where the donut gasket goes. And that's with the spring bolts as tight as possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Murphy

Meat Master
Yonaka ITR headers and cat

So I'm planing on buying the Yonaka ITR type 2 headers with the 2.5" collector. I already have the Yonaka cat back exhaust with the 60mm piping installed. The 2.5" collector won't bolt on the stock cat so I'm planning on buying a Yonaka cat, which come in 2.25", 2.5", and 3" sizes.

My question is what size cat (2.25", 2.5", 3") will best fit the 2.5" collector and the 60mm (~2.362") resonator pipe, preferably with no welding or extra piping? The engine is a stock b18b1.

Last edited:

gsr_nikhil

So I'm planing on buying the Yonaka ITR type 2 headers with the 2.5" collector. I already have the Yonaka cat back exhaust with the 60mm piping installed. The 2.5" collector won't bolt on the stock cat so I'm planning on buying a Yonaka cat, which come in 2.25", 2.5", and 3" sizes.

My question is what size cat (2.25", 2.5", 3") will best fit the 2.5" collector and the 60mm (~2.362") resonator pipe, preferably with no welding or extra piping? The engine is a stock b18b1.
I'd assume the 2.5 inch cat will match up with 2.5 inch piping... You will need to weld flanges or just weld in a flex pipe or something to that effect

Murphy

Meat Master
For the yonaka header you will need to go to a muffler shop to weld it on the stock cat or the 2.5" cat. That's why I got the Megan racing header because it bolts onto the stock cat.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
theres two lengths of fitment on integras. luckily, a 4-2-1 dc sport header i got at a salvage yard bolted right up to my cat, could always get another header that will bolt up to your cat, or have to cut and weld to make your current fit