June '08 ROTM Winner: patrick4588

genesis

tougê hêrmit
yeah like every one else said congratulations now all you need is a front lip and some exterior mods. then i would say it could definatly be mag. quality, the engine is definatly mag. quality.

allblackalltrac

nice, question though - why did you plumb both crankcase pressure hoses to the catch can? Isnt one suposed to come from the VC and the other back in through the intake? Just asking cause I have never seen it done like that before...

patrick4588

Integra God
i dont have an intake. im turbocharged and have charge piping. if i ran a line from the valve cover into the charge piping, then 14 pounds of boost would go into my valve cover everytime i got on it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
nice, question though - why did you plumb both crankcase pressure hoses to the catch can? Isnt one suposed to come from the VC and the other back in through the intake? Just asking cause I have never seen it done like that before...
I did a similar thing on my Eclipse GSX. I ran the valve cover ventilation and the PCV to the catch can and run one line to my intake pipe pre-turbo. That keeps vacuum on my PCV so it never closes, boost doesn't reach my crankcase and the catch can catches the oil that would otherwise gunk up my throttle body, intercooler....etc.

The way it's ran stock, the PCV goes back in the intake manifold so as soon as the turbo hits boost the PCV closes and the only crankcase vent is the valve cover one