just bought a turbo kit, need major advice!

Moatzy

I just bought a turbo kit, with a 57 trim greddy turbo, comes with everything except a few parts. The kit can be put together to produce 500 hp, deffinately not going that high. I need advice on how how i can safely boost my ls engine without throwing a rod through the block. I would like to get stronger pistons cams and crank but thats in the future. For now i want a little speed just to get a feel. Any advice would really help, because im in way over my head. Thanks :D

dlo253

Read the forced induction sticky threads for starters. Its all been covered countless times.

TheCrimsonStar

no need to be a dick about it bro. thanks.
No need for a response like that bro. Thanks.

He was just pointing you in the right direction because like he said, the topic has been covered tons of times and we're not in the business of repeating threads.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
He's not being a dick about it, it has been covered probably once a day on average.
Also, main point to make, it sounds like you know nothing about what you're doing, and you really jumped the gun on buying a turbo kit. I honestly don't think you have any real power goals, and if you do, it's just a number you think sounds cool at a In N Out Burgers meet or something.
You really need to research what you want, and need in power, then research what it takes to run it reliably.
Some people want to hit 200whp for strictly daily driving, others are trying to push 500whp and don't care if it blows after a couple trips down the 1320

dlo253

Hahahaha this guy..
If I was being a dick it sure wouldn't have been subtle. My reply was called assistance..
If I didn't point you in the right direction the next guy would.
You're right OG, gave me a pretty good laugh too haha.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Hahahaha this guy..
If I was being a dick it sure wouldn't have been subtle. My reply was called assistance..
If I didn't point you in the right direction the next guy would.
You're right OG, gave me a pretty good laugh too haha.
:lol:

Moatzy

To anyone offended my by reply to the first guy im sorry, i did not type that and i didnt even realize someone did. Sorry to anyone that got the impression im like that cuz im not.

Thanks for your advice, this is my first forum sign up and im still gettin used to finding the exact threads i need. Yes im in experienced which is why i feel like i needed to start a new thread where someone can exaplain it to me without confusing me further. Just because i jumped the gun does not mean im not interested in learning everything i need to know, hence joining this forum.

OneFastGSR

To OG there's no in n out burger in my state, Is it really as good as everyone says? Lol Everytime I went to texas or something I forget to go.
To OP just do a bunch of research and look at other builds at what all parts you'll need and get a good tune from a shop. You'll need bigger injectors fuel pump and something like hondata for sure

dlo253

Ohhh that was you I just helped in the other identical thread? You didn't do any research since November???

Muckman

Not a M0derator
This is your first turbo setup so my advice is keep it simple. That means keep the engine stock for now. Install the turbo kit and bring it to a tuner. You can safely make 300hp reliably on a stock block. That'll be more than enough for you.

Beyond that, ask specific questions.

Moatzy

to onefast gsr, im only boostin 5 pounds to start, is a tune up still needed? ive heard mixed opinions form different people. I have 760 injectors but thats total unnecessary for my boost haha i kno that.

to dlo, ive been researching but i just recently started up on here again because i have a new set of questions haha, but on a serious note that link u gave me is really helpful and thank you so much for real.

to muckman, thanks im deffinately keepin it simple, i eventually want forged internals but thats goin to have to wait for sure

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yes any amount of boost needs to be tuned. How would the ECU know how to handle positive manifold pressure unless its tuned for it? Plus different injectors wont be able to run on the stock calibration silly.

Moatzy

muckman im keepin the stock injectors, i didnt think 5 pounds would really throw off the ECU but i guess im wrong hah