K Series engine information

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
K has a better rod ratio than the B. So it has the capability of more revs because the pistons aren't pushed as hard into the side of the cylinder walls. and it also gives it lower piston speeds and accelerates slower after TDC putting less strain on the engine. the same reasons why F1 cars rev to 18k. short stroke, long rod 3.0 V10 and also have and excellent bore/stroke ratio

Last edited:

DA_styLez916

NorCal Tuner
bro ive seen a k 20 ina hatch in real life.....my friends cousin from la has a eg wit a k20... god damn i wish i neva drove it cuz once u drive a car wit a k series swap. everything else is fuckin poopoooooooo including b series.....ive put so much money in my hatchie it makes me siccccc,,,,, he had a eg wit suspension and stock k20. unbolted muffler...... smoked my fuckin car by 6 or 7 cars no joke

CHILD

all day all JDM
yes sir!!! K-series fuckin ownz!!! people will catch on to it one day instead of underestimating

ltrain

what about the k24 people, would u say its better then a h22?

CHILD

all day all JDM
I would. Its more compact, lighterweight, still has massive torque (considering its a honda engine), and 200 crank HP. A RSX-S with a K24 swap alone runs faster than a stock type S even with the lower redline.

ltrain

CHILD said:
I would. Its more compact, lighterweight, still has massive torque (considering its a honda engine), and 200 crank HP. A RSX-S with a K24 swap alone runs faster than a stock type S even with the lower redline.
the trannies interchangable? k24 with a k20 tranny?

Josh

ltrain said:
what about the k24 people, would u say its better then a h22?
A k20a2/ a is better then a h22 there lighter and make better power then a h22 as for k24's the k24a2 is awesome and a k24a1/a4 there not bad and they mod alot better then h series engines

NYTegRSX

Most peole frankenstien the k24 bottom end with the a2 or z1 head to get the best of both worlds, more torque and higher top end.

NOFX

hater
ltrain said:
the trannies interchangable? k24 with a k20 tranny?
Generally transmissions from the same engine series are interchangable... Including these ones.

Red@8

ktegra said:
any info on the k20z1?
From John at Team Integra

Differences between a z1 and a1 are...

-cams are different on ALL motors. K20a has itr cams (obivously) K20z1 has their own cams that are better then k20a2 cams but not as good as ITR cams and k20a2 cames have Type-S cams (obivously).

The cams in a k20z1 are in between a a1 and a2...but a1 cams are SO mild of a upgrade over a2 cams that z1 cams are even less. They're better cams then the a2 motor but by a extremely SMALL amount, ITR cams z1. They're different cams...they have different part #'s.

-Bolt ons: K20z1 has a ITR snorkel and catback...that's it. It does NOT have a ITR intake manifold which everyone seems to think they do, nor does it have the header, downpipe and cat. K20a,a2,z1 all have the same throttle body. The k20a3 found in the 02-05 EP3 has a z1/a2 Intake manifold and throttle body. The base RSX which shares the same motor has a dual runner setup like the 3rd gen GS-R and a slightly smaller TB.

-Compression: k20a has .5 more compression due to more material on the k20a pistons vs k20z1 and a2. Rods, crank, bearings, head, block, pan, everything else is the same/identical.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
K20Z1
Aluminum Alloy block and head
16-Valve, DOHC, i-VTEC
2.0L Inline 4-cylinder (1998cc)
210 bhp @ 7800 rpm (lowered in 2006 because of new SAE ratings, puts the same power to the ground though)
143 lbs-ft @ 7000 rpm (lower in 06 as well for same reason)
11.0:1 Compression ratio
8100 Redline
86/86 Bore/stroke