Kirt's Mustang GT

R13

The other asshole
Brake caliper started seizing on the GT yesterday, so I decided to give my brother's '01 six banger some love and do my daily runs in it instead of the truck. This car hasn't been driven in 5+ months

Shame he cares so little about cars, not even enough to keep his clean and taken care of while he's not driving it. This thing is pretty minty, only 90k miles on it too.

I washed it, put some fresh gas in it, and put a few miles on it to knock the rust off the brakes.

She still cleans up pretty well, and this is just a shitty bubble brush pay with quarters wash.

R13

The other asshole
Motherfucker... :lol:

Put a caliper on the GT from advance, piece of shit is seized harder than the one I pulled off it.

Tempted to see if they still have the old one when I go back tomorrow and just ordering calipers, pads, rotors, and brake lines from powerstop.

94RS

No fucks given.
Just order a Centric caliper from Rock Auto. All four I bought for the Integra were rebuilt Nissin (OEM) calipers.

I think I only paid like $140 after I sent the cores back.

R13

The other asshole
Only reason I was thinking powerstop is the original seizing caliper warped the rotor on that side, and the rotors are fucked anyway, badly grooved.

How does the core work with rockauto? Do you pay return shipping?

R13

The other asshole
Hoe lee shieeet...

Yeah, can't do centric calipers :rolf:

Whole powerstop kit is barely more than that.

I wish I could afford to go ahead and swap to 03-04 cobra calipers, the standard GT/V6 calipers use a plastic type piston and they just go bad and seize up when they get hot, it's a design flaw. Had 2 go bad on the black V6, and now the GT has done it.

Stock vs cobra for comparison though, they're made different, and supposedly work much better.

94RS

No fucks given.
You realize those Centrics include $90 of Cores, right? :lol:

They reman the Cobra calipers also. After the cores get sent back, it's a little more than those other power slot ones :what:

R13

The other asshole
I can't do that much to start with though :lol: $230 is about the maximum amount I can scrape together right now, and I'm not 100% sure I can pull that off :lol:

Also I don't have cobra cores to send back, sooo $186 a caliper :rolf:

But on a serious note: Given the way the car's acting, I need to just go ahead and get new lines because the rubber lines are bad to collapse after 5-10 years, it's needed pads and rotors since I got it, and now I've got a shitty remanufactured caliper on it that's already defective so that's a testament to it's quality... I'm not entirely sure that the other caliper isn't starting to seize as well...

The powerstop kit with everything, plus brake lines is $215 shipped, then I get the core charges back minus shipping if they make me pay to send them back... probably come out to cost $168-$180 ish, depending on the return shipping situation.

R13

The other asshole
Let's also not forget... the centric's... are remanufactured oem calipers..... which are engineered wrong. It's not a cheap reman problem, it's a design problem from Ford... so paying more for slightly longer lasting defective parts :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, wasn't thinking about the "needing cobra cores back" part... :rolf:

How they do the return shipping though.... They give you the option of full refund and you pay shipping, or they give you a prepaid shipping label and deduct that from your refund.

R13

The other asshole
Well that sucks, but still within what I might be able to pull together.

Damn ferds... too bad Dlo can't make me some billet aluminum pistons so I could just never have this damn problem again :rolf:

Of course no aftermarket company can do that because they need people to keep wasting money on their defective shit :roll:

R13

The other asshole
:lol:

I like the Saleen bumper because unlike the termi bumper, or the cobra R, or the cervini stalker, it doesn’t really hang down any further than stock. If it weren’t for my mountain of a fucking driveway I’d take advantage of the red and put a cobra R wing/bumper on it.

Not to mention the double stack doesn’t flow with the 99-04’s like it does with the 94-98’s:

Last edited: