Kirt's Mustang GT

R13

The other asshole
Mine never had the optional stuff though, I think the options were the sideskirts, the cluster face, and you could get the 01-04 standard wing as a “premium” upgrade for the 99, but as far as I know that’s all there was.

94RS

No fucks given.
Just checked those rings in Amazon, and I can see the difference between the rings from spec-d and the ones from AM

Spec-d says they’re held in by 3M tape (worthless, you’ll need to glue them like I did), AM just snaps in with no adhesive.

The retro faces I couldn’t find (while driving [emoji23]), closest I got was that red and gray one

R13

The other asshole
Thing about AM is, it’s just generic Chinese stuff from a different factory marked up 50% [emoji23]

IIRC most of the reviews on AM say they had to glue them to get them to stay, but they probably are slightly different. It’s like the bullitt shifter bezel. It’s like $60 on AM and it’s shaped a little different, but the $30 one on eBay looks closer to the OEM one [emoji23]

I was looking at vinyl wrap and I think I might do my interior door grab handles too, and MAYBE if it’s not too excessive I might do the center dash bezel that goes around the radio and the shifter because the factory gray always chips off from touching the volume on the radio.

94RS

No fucks given.
What about that brushed aluminum bezel I linked? You skipped right over that fucking thing [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Look at me ignoring shit like a dickhead [emoji23]

Nah, the look differences vs just painting it metallic silver aren’t worth the price difference.

The other billet stuff I want will probably contrast better if the gauges are faux carbon as well since it’s small stuff like:

Door handles
Cup holder trim
Hvac knobs
Door lock pins
Bullitt shifter bezel (not actually billet, but has the look)

Just little stuff to add a slight difference in detail over the stock interior.

R13

The other asshole
Hmm... what about instead of ricer red, I paint the rings deep candy red? I was actually thinking about doing that on the valve covers if I end up pulling my engine to fix the knock.

I learned a trick with duplicolor metalcast where if you use a really metallic silver base it pretty much comes out just like the above, but metalcast will also work on the chrome for a red chrome finish.

94RS

No fucks given.
I still say leave em chrome and have the red LEDs shine off the edges

R13

The other asshole
[emoji848]

Since they’ll be chrome when I buy them I’ll give them a spin. I can always change it afterwards.

I think I am gonna do the ricer carbon though, I’ve got the mental image and I like it a lot better than my previous plans of just grey/billet stuff. Probably won’t go as far as doing the center piece on the dash. Pretty sure that’ll end up being too much.

Still salty about that other dude’s rings though... they looked so much fucking better than any of the stuff available today

94RS

No fucks given.
If it were my car, I’d get the retro faces or even a whole cluster from a Bullitt/Mach 1 and go with the chrome trim rings if you’re planning red LEDS. If you remember, you weren’t sure that they’d look good on my car, then you changed your mind when I showed this pic where the LEDs lit up the edge of the rings
But yeah back on the cluster, blackcatcustoms has a cool retro face, but like I said it’s over $100 so that’ll have to wait.

Was actually able to find one that sort of showed what I was talking about. Shitty pics, but it's a decent enough sample of the "glow" off of the rings from the LEDs

R13

The other asshole
...I’m not sure I like the blackcat face anymore... never seen it installed until now [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Blackcat does custom designs too I just noticed

This ion cluster with the wrist watch style is pretty cool, could maybe do something like that with silver instead of carbon

That may be an inquiry I have to make. I would like to put fancy little custom shit all around this car both for my own personal enjoyment, but also for the very few people that are actual enthusiasts for these cars to pick up on.

That, and I basically want my car to feel as fancy as the newer mustangs inside because I’ll never have one [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Took me much longer than I’d like to admit to realize wtf I was supposed to looking for here [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I’m probably the only person ever excited about it... everybody else either has charcoal interior, or have only seen these with charcoal interior [emoji23]