Kirt's Mustang GT

R13

The other asshole
So small update... sometime in the early part of the year before my grandfather died my starter started giving issues, just occasionally wouldn’t turn at all and no amount of beating and messing around with it would change it’s mind... well I kinda stopped driving it for a few months, then I broke up with my GF and I hadn’t been able to find the key since... I turned the house upside down looking for it every other day for 2 months... I’ve only ever had one key and in 5 years never misplaced it... so I came to the conclusion that she stole it to piss me off when she moved out.

So for Christmas I called a locksmith and had new keys made and programmed, and ordered a starter.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
cars looking good. are you gonna buy another integra?

Reactions: R13

R13

The other asshole
cars looking good. are you gonna buy another integra?
I want to, right now I can’t afford it, and when I do I won’t spend more than $3500 on one, and it has to be a dc2 with a b18c1/b18c/b18c5, but it’s in the future plans at some point for sure.

Winki

Undercover mod
Have you thought about looking at an RSX? A little more up to date and I have seen the early model Type S in the 3-4k range. As nostalgic as a DC is for me it would have to me a heck of a deal to get me back into one.

R13

The other asshole
Have you thought about looking at an RSX? A little more up to date and I have seen the early model Type S in the 3-4k range. As nostalgic as a DC is for me it would have to me a heck of a deal to get me back into one.

Can’t beat a dc2. Don’t get me wrong I love the look of a white jdm type R dc5, but my heart belongs to Dc2’s, yeah a dc4 could be the exact same thing, but I just want a black on black dc2 with a jdm front and the ITR wing.

R13

The other asshole
I had a black on black dc2... but it was trashed. It needed probably $10k in body work alone.

R13

The other asshole
where are you guys did your mustang go into hibernation???:)
Where the hell can I contact you other than here? You're like the only person I don't have on FB lol

In case you see this and I forget to come back for another year my IG is @Kurticus_von_hectikus.

It's still around... coming up on 7 years owning this thing. This last week we've been having some disagreements though... I thought it blew the intake manifold gasket, it would run fine until the thermostat opened then it would start sputtering... spent 3 days trying to make a stupid smoke machine leak detector just to double check nothing was cracked... finally got it, held 15psi with no visible leaks... take the manifold off and where the aluminum water crossover mounts to the PLASTIC intake manifold it had melted the plastic and crumbled into the water passages... Cheapest replacement ($120) supposedly will lose like 20hp because it's made really poorly, OEM is $280 and will do the same thing in 3-8 years, and there's only 2 full aluminum options... Edelbrock Victor Jr which requires their fuel rails, and a throttle body adapter plate, and the Trickflow bullitt style intake... both over $800... My choice would be the trickflow because it's like +20whp, and +40ft/lbs, but I don't have $1000 to drop right now, both of my trucks are needing timing sets, and brake work.

So for now I'm trying to make a mold out of wood with a wood router, and I'm going to attempt to replace the missing material on my manifold with JB weld to hold until I can do the Trickflow setup.

Prepped for surgery (how it currently sits, but with the manifold removed):

Since my last update it also got a GT hood scoop, and oem 99 cobra headlights that a friend of mine restored for me.

Other than that not much going on... I've accumulated more toys and junk than I can afford the upkeep on, and lately my focus has been on my bikes... cars are just getting too expensive, and cops are cracking down way hard on any kind of fun having anymore, so I'd rather be in the woods where I can ride like as much of an asshole as I like.

Oh and of course another reason I can't afford shit is because I got this big cocksucker too

And I still have good ol' reliable... rocking over 230,000 miles now, absolute beast in the snow, great highway truck... pulled loaded car dollies over 100 miles with it, had it for coming up on 5 years in feb, put over 15,000 miles on it. Hands down my favorite 4 wheeled vehicle I own.