Led Strip Bar Install - Adhesive

Strategist102

Banned
Hi

I have an LED strip like the one in the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-24cm-24LED-PVC-Flexible-LED-Strip-Light-Waterproof-for-Car-Motorcycle-/110976217075?hash=item19d6b2aff3:g:-dcAAOxyB0VRsrCI&vxp=mtr

I wanted to mount it to my front bumper but I don't know if I should use an epoxy, goop or some double sided adhesive tape.

I'm mounting it on the front bumper as a substitute for fog lights.

Anyways, I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on which adhesive product I should use.

I have Goop, JB Weld epoxy, and some double sided adhesive tape. My goal is to have the strip stay on the car but be relatively easy to remove in case I have to change out the strip.

Which of the products above is relatively easy to remove and ideally not corrosive or damaging to my paint.

Thanks!

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol: Those things don't shine for shit. Forget them being a replacement for fog lights... Go to Advance and buy a $20 set of fog lights if you wanna be cheap.

R13

The other asshole
Amazon has some tacky shit with good reviews if you need fog lights for cheap. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Amazon has some tacky s*** with good reviews if you need fog lights for cheap. :lol:
The headlight on the C70 is from a s***ty $15-20 fog light kit from Advance :rolf: It does the job though, and thankfully comes with hyper white bulbs :lol:

Strategist102

Banned
Haha

Those lights are more form than function. I'm not really trying to get a bright "fog light" just want the strips on the front bumper because that's how I had it before someone damaged my car.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Strategist102

Banned
Honestly I don't know. The previous owner had it installed and doesn't know how it was mounted.

There was some kind of black adhesive on the light strip. It was a small amount placed on various spots of the light bar.

Strategist102

Banned
Hmm ok.

I'm going to use JB Weld as a last resort. Reason being is that I tested it out on a piece of pvc and plastic and it didn't really hold. I have a roll of exterior attachment tape I'd like to try out. If it holds up pretty well then I'll call it a day.

Thanks for the suggestions!