limp mode!!

95integgy

i was doing a little cleaning on my 95 tegg and i remembered my gas peddle gets a little sticky so i sprayed a little carb cleaner in the throttle body to clean up some of the carbon so it wouldnt stick. i reet my ecu by pulling the 7.5a fuse and the 15a fuse next to it under the hood. waited about 5 min. put the fuses in (i have cel for codes, 4,8,9,10,41) btw my new distrib is on its way by mail.at first i started it up and it didnt wanna run, figuring it wa cuz of the carb cleaner. i cranked her over again. she started up. a little boggy tho. I give it a little gas and clears up. i give it gas again and the cel comes on and it wont rev over 4k. i turn the car off. i try to pull the code but the cel doesnt come on until u give it gas and it wont rev past 4k rpms plz help!!!

Last edited:

95integgy

The car was running decent. I sprayed carb cleaner on the TB plate cuz it was getting sticky. I reset the ecu and i started the car up was a little boggy at first(probably from carb cleaner). Then i gave it a little car the cel came on and it wouldnt rev past 4k rpm. So i turned it off and started back up fine no cel until i gave it gas. Cel only came on once u pushed the gas. So i couldnt pull any codes. But i pulled the ecu fuses let it set for 30min and its running better. But before all this happened i was getting cel code 4,8,9,10 and 41. So i awaiting my new dizzy to come. But now i only have codes 9 and 41. Pretty sure 41 is from the dc headers.

96LSteg

Jemel
Does it only let you rev to 4k while driving or period? Only code you would throw if you have an aftermarket HEADER would be 64/65 which is o2 sensor. You can google the codes. I've heard of tegs going into limp mode for throwing too many codes. So maybe you should try and eliminate some of those

Last edited:

96LSteg

Jemel
To answer your question. Code 41 is for the heater element in the primary o2 sensor. This will cause your car to run like shit because the car uses this o2 sensor to base the air/fuel ratio. You need a new o2 sensor to fix that. Code 10 is intake air temp so you need a new intake air temp sensor and all that other crap is in the dizzy so when you get that those codes should go away. All those code are probably why your car is running like crap. Your welcome!

dlo253

So i awaiting my new dizzy to come. But now i only have codes 9 and 41. Pretty sure 41 is from the dc headers.
That code 41 is that second DC header you got on there, problem solved. Hahaha sorry I couldn't resist.
Maybe you accidentally sprayed a connector or some weird shit like that? Lol.. But all that sure did not arise just from spraying that into the TB

95integgy

4,8,9,10and 41 are the codes i had BEFORE i cleaned the TB plate. then i reset ecu now

all codes are gone but 9 and 41. which i will get a o2 tomorrow and my new dizzy should be in by the 4th. car doesnt run like crap anymore i let it sit for about 30 min and no more limp mode!. i bought it off some kid and he took out the cluster blub for the abs and cel. all those codes where from when i found out about the bulb missing. i fixed alot of it. just waiting on dizzy.

Last edited:

95integgy

you now a good place to get valve cover studs and nuts? like aftermarket neat ones. spike nutz would look sweet

96LSteg

Jemel
Idk about spike nuts (haha I said nuts) but you can get the OEM ones at Honda, Acura, or any of your neighborhood hardware stores lol.

dlo253

There are a bunch of good links in the wire tuck thread on HT. On the first post. Those are just about the best options for all the fancy hardware.

96LSteg

Jemel
There are a bunch of good links in the wire tuck thread on HT. On the first post. Those are just about the best options for all the fancy hardware.
I want to do a wire tuck but I can't exactly figure out how I would plug up my abs if the wires were behind the fender and I don't want to cut and solder anything I'm too lazy for that