List of items I am thinking/gonna buy, Advice?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I'd go OEM with the bearing and axle. At the very least get a NAPA or Autozone axle so if it breaks you can get a warranty. I wouldn't trust crucial parts like that to eGay. Same goes for the camber kits and ball joints. Idk if you've ever had a ball joint fail or suspension bushing fail while you're driving, but it SUCKS and can cause an accident. IMHO, save a little more $$$ and get some parts you know will be reliable.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
mayne I guess I don't mind buying the axle and bearing, but when I bought a ball joint, the cheapest one that a aftermarket parts place had was 90 for a ball joint, and thats just one ball joint... I don't wanna piss away my money like that... It was a adjusting balljoint, but I don't like it anyway its a piece of crap ball joint.. I don't wana spend more than 300 on a full front suspension kit excluding the strut assy. I am getting a horrible shake in front end, I want to just replace it all and get new rims and tires and be done with it. As for the hub and axle they are bad =/

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
i had to replace my wheel studs at one point... some of you may remember that big scene... anyway, i couldn't get the hub off myself. had to have it pressed lol

the stupid fuckin thing autozone gave me to use failed big time. I stripped the entire bolt that goes through the autozone press thing lmao

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
So you guys really think I shouldn't buy anything ebay for susp parts?

These are prices from cheapest place I can go.. which is advance with 1yr to lifetime on everything

RR Hub Bearing - Advance 93.99

RF CV Axle - Advance: 69.99 or 47.99

Front Upper and Lower Balljoints - Advance: 28.99 lower ea. 99.99 upper ea.
or 52.99 upper ea

Inner and Outer Tie Rods - Advance: 25.19 inner ea, 17.99 ea

I actually had a change of thought now that i looked at prices and stuff. I think im going to replace all of my rims and tires first, and then go from ther. I think the CV axle, Lower Balljoint, Tie Rods are good prices but rest seems high especially ball joint. Why is the upper so freaking expensive? I bought one of these same price before when it actually broke and couldnt get lower than 100

Last edited:
mayne I guess I don't mind buying the axle and bearing, but when I bought a ball joint, the cheapest one that a aftermarket parts place had was 90 for a ball joint, and thats just one ball joint... I don't wanna piss away my money like that... It was a adjusting balljoint, but I don't like it anyway its a piece of crap ball joint.. I don't wana spend more than 300 on a full front suspension kit excluding the strut assy. I am getting a horrible shake in front end, I want to just replace it all and get new rims and tires and be done with it. As for the hub and axle they are bad =/
Pay the money for a quality part.
If you're having trouble justifying it, just ask a DSM owner about ball joints and recalls. :lol: