Loose shifter

Day To Remember

I just ordered those energy suspension bushings from the autozone site, i was gonna order them to pick them up at the store but the dude kept saying i had a bad connection but the dude sounded like 70 so im guessing he was using it as an excuse for his bad hearing.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
If the bushings dont fix your issue, check out RC Autoworks, they offer a "no slop" shifter mod. It replaces the worn out u-joint with a straight piece welded in. I am getting ready to send my linkage along with 9 other peoples out within the next month to be done. I have horrible slop in my car as well with the shifter, hell I went 1-2-5 at import faceoff in August on my first run lol. Mine is so bad that you can be in 5th gear and move the shifter over to the 1st gear position without taking it out of gear

Jbrayda9

Replacing the bushing do little to correct the loose shifter. Most likely the bearing at the bottom of your shifter has seized up or the spacers are worn or broken. If you jack the car up there should be a bolt going through the shifter... check to see if there is much play in the bolt and ensure the spacers are in good shape.

I bought new bushings, installed them, and still had the shifter wobble. It was only once I replaced the bolt and nut with a locking nut did I eliminate my shifter wobble.

This picture is from a 3rd gen but I used a single bend short shifter from my old DA in my DC so I know they are the same. (Picture from Team-Integra.net)

I know this is a super old thread. But I'm hoping someone could tell me where to buy this bushing. I've been looking forever and can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.