Lost Power!! Help Needed!!

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I dont know what you mean by plunger housing. On the injector itself?
Or the grommet bushing thing the injector fits into that sits in the intake manifold runners?

syork77

I know this is an older strand, but I am at a loss. Looking for any ideas/help/suggestions because right now it's unusable.
We acquired a 96 integra LS non-vtec in May for my son. It had the top half of the engine replaced including intake manifold. Ran perfect all summer long... in September, there was a leak from the water pump and took it in, had timing belt and water pump replaced. about 3 weeks later, the CEL came on. We did some basic things... spark plugs, wires... car seemed better. About 3 days later - light back on - ran to autozone...codes p0300, 0301, 03?? (random misfires) ... took to shop... diagnosed as 2 bad injectors. Both replaced, also all belts. Ran like a raped ape for about 9 days... CEL again! Ran to autozone - misfire 3 and 4 - random misfires. Replaced injectors 3 and 4. ... replaced fuel pump and filter... ran 2 days - CEL again... replaced TPS, Rotor, cap, fuel pressure regulator, gutted cat. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor today...
It never ran the same again or since. I can hear the pump. It's fine. Put straight gas in - no ethanol. Here's what it's doing... no steady idle, bounces between 200 and 1200... once (if you can get it there) you get it above 2000 - runs beautifully. Soon as throttle is released, drops down and tries to "recover" - sometimes it does, sometimes it dies. Can not engage clutch, acting like no gas. needs to be revved to 3k to engage. But, doesn't go anywhere... can't even use reverse out of driveway. After the CKPS, it is able to idle "better" but still drops, usually recovers. In the past 10 days - it's been used 2 - 25 miles used a 1/2 tank of gas. After it has been out "tried to engage clutch" throws misfire codes.. today is 1 and 3 with random. It's like it's in limp mode. The battery is completely disconnected tonight in a thought to completely drain the memory of the computer and try again tomorrow. If the engine is under load, it stalls. HELP!

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I know this is an older strand, but I am at a loss. Looking for any ideas/help/suggestions because right now it's unusable.
We acquired a 96 integra LS non-vtec in May for my son. It had the top half of the engine replaced including intake manifold. Ran perfect all summer long... in September, there was a leak from the water pump and took it in, had timing belt and water pump replaced. about 3 weeks later, the CEL came on. We did some basic things... spark plugs, wires... car seemed better. About 3 days later - light back on - ran to autozone...codes p0300, 0301, 03?? (random misfires) ... took to shop... diagnosed as 2 bad injectors. Both replaced, also all belts. Ran like a raped ape for about 9 days... CEL again! Ran to autozone - misfire 3 and 4 - random misfires. Replaced injectors 3 and 4. ... replaced fuel pump and filter... ran 2 days - CEL again... replaced TPS, Rotor, cap, fuel pressure regulator, gutted cat. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor today...
It never ran the same again or since. I can hear the pump. It's fine. Put straight gas in - no ethanol. Here's what it's doing... no steady idle, bounces between 200 and 1200... once (if you can get it there) you get it above 2000 - runs beautifully. Soon as throttle is released, drops down and tries to "recover" - sometimes it does, sometimes it dies. Can not engage clutch, acting like no gas. needs to be revved to 3k to engage. But, doesn't go anywhere... can't even use reverse out of driveway. After the CKPS, it is able to idle "better" but still drops, usually recovers. In the past 10 days - it's been used 2 - 25 miles used a 1/2 tank of gas. After it has been out "tried to engage clutch" throws misfire codes.. today is 1 and 3 with random. It's like it's in limp mode. The battery is completely disconnected tonight in a thought to completely drain the memory of the computer and try again tomorrow. If the engine is under load, it stalls. HELP!
this is a tough one.

On limp mode, I would read over this.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it could be a bad O2 sensor and it causing the ECU to act up therefore misfiring, but that is strictly a guess, would like to get some second opinions on that.

Have you tried putting the original crank position sensor back on it to see if that alleviates the issue?

Ryan659

Bouncing idle could be a vacuum leak. Did they set the timing correctly also? Just shooting out ideas to check.

TegraTiger

Did you get it fixed or what?

We acquired a 96 integra LS non-vtec in May for my son. It had the top half of the engine replaced including intake manifold. Ran perfect all summer long... in September, there was a leak from the water pump and took it in, had timing belt and water pump replaced. about 3 weeks later, the CEL came on. We did some basic things... spark plugs, wires... car seemed better. About 3 days later - light back on - ran to autozone...codes p0300, 0301, 03?? (random misfires) ... took to shop... diagnosed as 2 bad injectors. Both replaced, also all belts. Ran like a raped ape for about 9 days... CEL again!
If I ever get a CEL (check engine light), I always get the trouble code FIRST before I begin "fixing" things.

Ran to autozone - misfire 3 and 4 - random misfires. Replaced injectors 3 and 4. ... replaced fuel pump and filter... ran 2 days - CEL again... replaced TPS, Rotor, cap, fuel pressure regulator, gutted cat. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor today...
It never ran the same again or since. I can hear the pump. It's fine. Put straight gas in - no ethanol. Here's what it's doing... no steady idle, bounces between 200 and 1200... once (if you can get it there) you get it above 2000 - runs beautifully. Soon as throttle is released, drops down and tries to "recover" - sometimes it does, sometimes it dies.
The MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor, mounted on the firewall, is what controls the idle, in what is also called a "closed loop". As soon as you stomp on the gas, the O2 sensor takes over, as a "open loop". If it won't idle, with huge swings in RPM, tells me you have a vacuum leak. But you might also wanna check the MAP sensor as well. If you replace the MAP sensor, make real sure you get the right one, cause they're not all the same.

Can not engage clutch, acting like no gas. needs to be revved to 3k to engage. But, doesn't go anywhere... can't even use reverse out of driveway.
That's how ALL Integras operate. You've got to give it a lot of gas and about half clutch to get it going. Then, once it's moving, you can drive it normal in the other gears. Using reverse takes a bit of practice as you gotta give it a lot of gas too.

After the CKPS, it is able to idle "better" but still drops, usually recovers. In the past 10 days - it's been used 2 - 25 miles used a 1/2 tank of gas. After it has been out "tried to engage clutch" throws misfire codes.. today is 1 and 3 with random. It's like it's in limp mode. The battery is completely disconnected tonight in a thought to completely drain the memory of the computer and try again tomorrow. If the engine is under load, it stalls. HELP!
Did clearing/resetting the ECU work?