Low/no clutch pressure.

IPlayAFK

Last night on my way back home from work my clutch stopped fully returning to it's idle position. It was late and I was tired so I thought nothing of it because it still had pressure and was working. Well when I got up this morning to go to work I had no clutch pressure at all. Wouldn't even. Engage. Checked the fluid and had not a drop in. Do I added fluid. Flushed the system. And still no pressure. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

R13

The other asshole
Slave or master cylinder. Check your floor for fluid/discoloration. If it’s the master cylinder it usually leaks into the floor. If it’s the slave just take the boot/cover off and you should see the leak.

IPlayAFK

Slave or master cylinder. Check your floor for fluid/discoloration. If it’s the master cylinder it usually leaks into the floor. If it’s the slave just take the boot/cover off and you should see the leak.
I assume I should get a replacement on the way then?

R13

The other asshole
That would be the problem [emoji23] So yes, you need a new slave cylinder.

IPlayAFK

That would be the problem [emoji23] So yes, you need a new slave cylinder.
Replace it and got pressure back. Still a little bit soft. But likely there's just some air that I've gotta bleed off. We'll see how it is later today. But she moves!

IPlayAFK

So, I replaced slave. Got pressure back. But it's weak. I have to pump the clutch 10 to 15 times before it'll get pressure back in the system I believe I've bleed all the air out of the system. And I primed the cylinder before installing it. But while installing the cylinder. A lot of fluid came out. Could that be the issue??? Or do I have a leak elsewhere. Any ideas help

R13

The other asshole
Did you bleed it with a bottle or how did you bleed it?

Bottle method looks something like this:

IPlayAFK

Did you bleed it with a bottle or how did you bleed it?

Bottle method looks something like this:

In short. I opened the bleed valve. With the system line connected. And pumped the clutch til fluid came out. Then I took it back off and mounted it.but to fit the piston rod against (I'm assuming the pressure release plate) I had to push the cylinder in. Which caused a lot of fluid to come out of where the line connects in. Now that I'm thinking about it I probably should have mounted it with the line connected to keep pressure. But it was freezing and I wasn't thinking.

R13

The other asshole
Just get a bottle like that, fill it about 1/4 full, open the bleed valve, don’t let your reservoir get low, and pump it until the bottle is full now that everything is installed.

If that doesn’t fix it you’re gonna have to look for another leak, possibly in the master cylinder.

IPlayAFK

Just get a bottle like that, fill it about 1/4 full, open the bleed valve, don’t let your reservoir get low, and pump it until the bottle is full now that everything is installed.

If that doesn’t fix it you’re gonna have to look for another leak, possibly in the master cylinder.
I got it. Honda are just a bunch of fuckwits and put the bleeder valve below where it feels so there would always be air in the line. Took the cylinder off. Positioned it to where the valve was above. Bleed the line. And works great!.

Figured this out a few days ago and just forgot to post