Low Profile Electric Exhaust Cutout

redrocket

I have not seen to many threads on these, in case you are wondering what they look like installed, here ya go. The product is from DMH Performance, they make a superior product to QTP. Opens and closes fast with a tight seal. Electric

Any one need a JDM B20? haha

Video sorry for all the noise of the fans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0T8uzJBrLs

Last edited:

r0g3r16

thats sick i hadnt really heard much about these but its looks real good

haha how much are the trannies!!

Boxy

SO many trannies! I'll take an LS 5spd off your hand shipped to 05452... for free? ahah
Also, got a video of the exhaust in action by any chance?

redrocket

thats sick i hadnt really heard much about these but its looks real good

haha how much are the trannies!!
Haha, the shop I go to just got a huge shipment in. I'm not sure about the trannies but I think they said the motors are like $700

redrocket

SO many trannies! I'll take an LS 5spd off your hand shipped to 05452... for free? ahah
Also, got a video of the exhaust in action by any chance?
I will try and get one, the difference is crazy between closed and open. Closed sounds like a golf cart, open is like the world is ending lol

redrocket

i dont understand the point...
You have never seen an e-cutout? It dumps the exhaust straight out of the downpipe for less restriction which is good for a turbo setup. It's just a convenience thing, being able to open and close it from inside the car.

Boxy

I will try and get one, the difference is crazy between closed and open. Closed sounds like a golf cart, open is like the world is ending lol
Ahaha that's a good analogy I guess. I'll keep checking in 'till you post that video

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
You have never seen an e-cutout? It dumps the exhaust straight out of the downpipe for less restriction which is good for a turbo setup. It's just a convenience thing, being able to open and close it from inside the car.
If you run the right size exhaust then there is no need for a cut out, there is no restriction.

dlo253

Basically like open headers....... assuming that car tracks? Looks clean. And much easier than actually taking off the muffler.

Last edited:

redrocket

If you run the right size exhaust then there is no need for a cut out, there is no restriction.
True, but I want to be able to make business calls on the way to Vegas with out having to fight to talk/hear. The car sounds stock or even a little more quiet with the cutout closed :p

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Lol that sounds wayyy raspy and shit. When i took off my stock echaust and had open headers, thats what that sounded like, and it sounded like shit hahahaha.