LS Turbo w/ stock internals

KrNxRaCer00

Originally posted by "sleeperintegra"

KrNxRaCer00 said:
sleeperintegra said:
KrNxRaCer00 said:
yes, i understand that as well, i was jus letting him know that he could run on lower boost w/ out blowing it immediately.

this way he could always build the motor AFTER his turbo is already installed.

if he runs only 6-7 psi for daily driving, his motor would handle it fine for many many miles. of course not as many as a N/A motor, but no turbo'd honda motor will ever be as reliable as a N/A one.
who's 'he'? haha :shock:
hah, the starter of the thread.

ahha, if i WAS a 'he' :roll: :lol:
haha...my bad...

couldn't tell from the name that u were a girl, so i assumed u to be male. :D

lsvtec-2.0

anybody looking for a fully built new ls block let me know or email me
waruioni@hotmail.com

its a brand new 2.0 ls block with eagle stroker kit.
these are the specs.

bore 81mm 9:1 cr dish pistons

95mm stroke

i had it all blueprinted and machined together so it is all balanced out and all the bolts on the block are ARP ROD BOLTS AND MAIN CAP BOLTS.

lsvtec-2.0

FORGOT TO METION YOU CAN BOOST THAT BLOCK UP TO 24LBS OF BOOST SO IF ANYBODY IS INTERESTED GIVE ME A HOLLA.
BUT ONLY FOR THE SERIOUS CAUSE THE PARTS ALONE WHERE 2 GRAND
AND I AM LOOKING FOR AT LEAST 2400 FOR THAT BLOCK BUT I MIGHT CONSIDER A GOOD OFFER.

KrNxRaCer00

Originally posted by "lsvtec-2.0"

anybody looking for a fully built new ls block let me know or email me
waruioni@hotmail.com

its a brand new 2.0 ls block with eagle stroker kit.
these are the specs.

bore 81mm 9:1 cr dish pistons

95mm stroke

i had it all blueprinted and machined together so it is all balanced out and all the bolts on the block are ARP ROD BOLTS AND MAIN CAP BOLTS.
keep it in the classifieds section buddy.

i know u have a lot of ads there, but don't invade other's threads w/ this garbage.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
Originally posted by "KrNxRaCer00"

no turbo'd honda motor will ever be as reliable as a N/A one.
Thats wrong. Anything built the right way and tuned the right way can be very reliable

JOEY

Originally posted by "Eviloliv3"

KrNxRaCer00 said:
no turbo'd honda motor will ever be as reliable as a N/A one.
Thats wrong. Anything built the right way and tuned the right way can be very reliable
true true! Ive had my motor turboed now since december and I have over 140,000 miles now and last night I did a compression test and it was good as hell. I even hit 200 in 2 of the cylinders. well back on topic, get bigger injectors and an SAFC to adjust the fuel with Id get RC 310's or 370's. also change the spark pugs to some that are colder and not platinum or iridium. get an a/f gauge to see how your fuel is too. you never wanna run too rich and definitely not too lean.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
what anybody who is thinking of boosting more than 10 psi should get:

forged pistons and rods
bigger injectors
sleeved block
P+P head
port matched TB to IM to Head
colder spark plugs
upgraded ignition
fuel management

but thats all my opinion, take from it what you will

Baldy201

to get back on topic, to prep the motor you should do a compression test, leakdown test, valve adjustment, and make sure that the fuel system is up to par, ie fuel filter is new or close to it; all lines and stuff are all ok pump is in good condition. just basic maintence that we all should be doing anyway. the LS block is stronger than the GSR block so it will hold a good amount of PSI the only weak part of the LS is the rods. just get it tuned before you do anything stupid with it.

BlueInteg

integraR wrote:
sleeperintegra wrote:
i decided to go turbo on my 95 LS. i met a guy at the drag who ran 13s with LS turbo and stock internals. Anyone know what I should do to prepare my motor for turbo? Tune-ups of course but any specifics? thanks for the help

you know you have 3 choices... turbo which will blow your engine really fast if you dont put it right with all the requered parts...
supercharcher----- alot less parts requered and easyer to install
or neighter of those and get the same horse power or make 13 sec on a 1/4 mile and you can do that by changing the head with a GSR or a type R and changing the cam shafts.,., and pistons... lots easyer and cheaper stuff if you have any question e-mail me

I was wandering what headers are good and how many hp will it boost the car? I have a 94 LS with a SR intake.