M3 Spin

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
This video was posted on TrackHQ in a thread regarding snap oversteer. After much debate, we came to the conclusing that the M3 spun out due to overcorrection. I mainly decided to post this because of the ITR. Also to demonstrate my philosophy: Corners > Straights. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOsVTo8SDA

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
agreed.. looks like once the suspension lifted again he caught traction and lost it.

it looked like both cars pushed pretty hard into that corner tho. BMW didn't expect the teg to keep up! haha

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
agreed.. looks like once the suspension lifted again he caught traction and lost it.

it looked like both cars pushed pretty hard into that corner tho. BMW didn't expect the teg to keep up! haha
The slight right hand corner after the Cotton corners is tough on RWD cars. Going downhill makes cars lose traction in the rear passenger side. Causing the car to lift. The driver should be prepared to countersteer, but it was already too late. He had slow reaction and tried to save it.

kcombs

GS=goes slow
both drivers sucked! you never downshift in a corner any instructor will tell you that's a no no.

as for the BMW, dude should not have been on the track. too much car for him.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
He couldn't catch the snap oversteer? Gosh. That guy's in need of more practice and hopefully not a new car after that. My first time out drifting in my AE86 I could catch the snap oversteer and everything.... I guess yeah when you're pressured it changes everything

I disagree with the post before me though. If you're in the wrong gear, IMO, get in the right gear no matter what you're doing... But when I corner, I downshift BEFORE the corner with a little Initial D heel-toe buisness :D

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
both drivers sucked! you never downshift in a corner any instructor will tell you that's a no no.

as for the BMW, dude should not have been on the track. too much car for him.
Are you talking about at the very beginning? And the driver of the M3 was just pushing it too much. He felt pressured by Colin (ITR driver).

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
i was watching it at first like thats not an m3 interior...its a integra.

i fail.

konerri

i did the exact same thing with my s2000 in the AutoX. Comin in with too much speed, llift, oversteering, corecting....good damb it, it spun out.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Wow, that was some of the worst driving I've ever seen. Whoever said he shouldn't be on a track is right, definitely dangerous.