Manual window regulators

S0L0Y0

S0L0 Y0
as the title says,both are gone on my DA,where can i get them (not the junk yard please,as the only 2 i saw are in the same condition or worst),auto parts stores don't seem to stock them,and the stealers,I, I dont want to go there,leave it as my last resort!!!

any suggestions???

Dtackett

manual window regulator? are you talking abut crank windows if so theres no regulator. you regulate it by cranking it. or am i lost here lol

hidenplanvew

if its crank you need help lol , but if there electric just go to a parts store or ebay

Last edited:

LittleB10

my driver's side door is like that, the "crank" is stripped inside the assembly. i do believe they call the whole assembly window regulator. I've been looking for one for about a month now. Only place I can find them is ebay or junkyards. They are way over priced from what i found or in bad shape. brand new ones...u don't even want to know lol. i rigged my window shut with vice grips lol. i have a pic here somewhere...i"ll post it. try www.car-part.com to locate one in a junkyard/salvage place near u. next week i am going to junkyard that has 8 teggys so if i can i will grab an extra set.

crank is stripped inside the assembly...about middle of pic.

Dtackett

thats not a regulator, a regulator is an electrical device used to control the amount electrical current that is allowed to flow to a certain device allowing for different directions and speeds of the device.

if its just that the teeth are worn then you need new teeth now i dont know what exactly to call it but its not a regulator lol if you can get a side grinder and a steady hand you can put new grooves in and do a simple restore for free until you can find a new one. try rockauto.com

cre-asian1

hey dtackett that is called a regulator assembly which holds the glass and controls it either going up or down or in the middle how ever you like now soloyo i don't know how the teeth got messed up on the regulator cause those are one of those parts that don't mess up very often since its a manual and you are the controller and not electrical but if it was electrical i would be able to help you out cause i just happen to have a spare but getting the window regulator from a junkyard is not bad cause all you got to do is clean it very well and then re-lube it up not very hard to do but before you get the regulator make sure it works first before getting it ain't nothing like buying it, coming home, and it don't work it just pisses you off you know what i mean so try before you buy well i hope that little tid bit helped you out hit me up if you got any more questions and i will help you out.

LittleB10

rockauto does rock! i get 99% of my oem replacement parts from them! they have fast shipping too...everything i get only takes two days to get to me. Dtackett...good idea about the grinder and making new teeth. I never thought of that and will try it this weekend, my buddy has a grinder i can use....i dont know how i stripped it but i did. it was always hard to roll window up then one day it didnt work at all. lol

Dtackett

like i said i may be lost lol ive always been taught that what i described was the only version of a regulator, and that what is messed up with his is just a crank, but hey ya learn something new all the time lol

littleb10 its no problem, i do what i can to help, but remember no one has all the answers, the fine people on this site have helped me more then i ever thought was possible lol

S0L0Y0

S0L0 Y0
hey dtackett that is called a regulator assembly which holds the glass and controls it either going up or down or in the middle how ever you like now soloyo i don't know how the teeth got messed up on the regulator cause those are one of those parts that don't mess up very often since its a manual and you are the controller and not electrical but if it was electrical i would be able to help you out cause i just happen to have a spare but getting the window regulator from a junkyard is not bad cause all you got to do is clean it very well and then re-lube it up not very hard to do but before you get the regulator make sure it works first before getting it ain't nothing like buying it, coming home, and it don't work it just pisses you off you know what i mean so try before you buy well i hope that little tid bit helped you out hit me up if you got any more questions and i will help you out.
thanks man,but it happens that i have a set of power window regulators,but it seems to be useless since my windows are manual,so it seem that i'm screwed here,can i even get them new???

and no,rockauto does not have them,what am i going to do now???

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ive bought window regulators for many cars off of ebay. ive had no problems. just make sure its for your car and correct side.

cre-asian1

well dtackett i would have to hit the junkyard i know you dont want to but look on the bright side one you dont have to wait for it and two you dont have to pay for shipping so i would look there to get what you need trust me do what i said earlier in the post and you would do just fine trust me on that one so good luck and hit me up if you need more help

LittleB10

use car-part.com to find a regulator. that site uses all the junkyards in whatever state u want and finds the part u need. i found a regulator for me through them and is only going to cost me 35 bucks. i dont even have to pull it. lol just trying to help man. i did however just realize that downstairs i have a SPAL power window kit with everything i need to convert over from manual but i dunno if i want to use it lol. it doesnt bother me to roll down my window. anyways good luck!

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i wouldnt get one from the yards. who knows when itll crap out. i get mine from ebay. reputible sellers ofcourse. no problems with them.

Cripton805

Ebay. I got mine for $40... Which is pretty pricey for a 20 year old part.
It does come with the whole assembly and is a regulator.

I searched a ton. They're getting hard to find. Make sure you get the right ones. Passanger and Drivers are different.