MS3 vs CL TypeS

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So I work with this guy who just bought an 01 CL TypeS. Supposedly it's a euro car that he bought off someone who brought it over. It looks like a normal CL to me.

He wanted to race me so after work we left together until we got to the highway(I get off at midnight so the roads are empty). We raced from three roles.
1. From 30mph--I stopped at 110mph and had him by like 10 cars at least. Got the jump right off the bat.
2. From 50mph--I stopped at 130mph and had him by like 10 cars. Let him go first but I was right in the powerband
3. I let him get a jump right in his powerband and he hung with till I hit 5th and then I smoked him again.

I think with a closer geared tranny his car would have been a lot faster. He had the 5sp auto in it and he did better once he was at the top of his 4th gear.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I figured I would have also. The cars are quick in the top end but like I said, the gearing really kills them. He thinks if we raced to 180mph he would beat me. I thought that was hilarious because neither his nor my car is going to do 180mph.:lol:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I figured I would have also. The cars are quick in the top end but like I said, the gearing really kills them. He thinks if we raced to 180mph he would beat me. I thought that was hilarious because neither his nor my car is going to do 180mph.:lol:
You also had the advantage because your MS3 is stick. Well, even if his CL was stick, he would've lost. Also if he had proper gear ratios, he still would've lost to you.

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
not to mention 180 mph is asking for a horrible wreck. Imagin if you lost control at 180 lol

ouch!

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I spun out at 170mph in my M6, lol, went into a cornfield and tipped it up on it's side. Pushed it over back on the ground, put the spare tire on and drove off.:lol: Apparently it was built very well.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Guess he never read the specs on your car, CL-S will get killed everytime against an MS3

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
I spun out at 170mph in my M6, lol, went into a cornfield and tipped it up on it's side. Pushed it over back on the ground, put the spare tire on and drove off.:lol: Apparently it was built very well.
:shock: damn...

also which motor did he have? the 2.3, 3.0, or the 3.2? and if it wasnt manual i kinda question if it was a real type-s

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea, I know, I don't ever get a good race in the MS3. Straights are always lame and I've destroyed everything I got into a corner race with.