mustang owner gets a import.

Anti-Ricer

Im justin from lenoir cIty tn and I don't own a import yet and never thought I would.with gas getting close to 4 dollars a gallon and my daily driver getting around 9Mpg I have to do something.So I posted my 95 Broncos on 35s with a 6 inch lift and 2000 mustang GT that's modded with a spun bearing on craigslist. my friend is thinking of trading me his 98 Acura Integra that has It Itr ls vtec skunk 2 pro, pro 2 cams,eagle crank rods, weisco wrist pins, 13 to 1 domn pistons and a few other things dynoed at 280. Let me tell you now that I don't know my ass from a hole when it comes to a import lol.I don't.know where you buy stuff for them,what the b,a,s,k,j motors are.nothing at all but I'm hoping to learn.

decision4life

Welcome man. Their is a couple of tn people on here me, R13, Crimsonstar and a few more. If you want to learn more just read through the build threads and go through the tech articles.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
welcome to the club! post pics when you do get it.

integras can be awesome if done right.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
...WAHHHHHHHHHHH V-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!

it looks clean. definitely more MPG than your stang. hahaha.

whitedc4

Id get a dyno graph to see what's up as far as numbers go.
I don't believe it if I don't see it myself would make me more comfortable to do that.
Clean integra tho! Interested in more pictures!
Even boosted my civic gets 30 mpg half the time.
Occasionally a 23 mpg will happen but it's not too bad

Anti-Ricer

I'd be happy with a 23mpg too lol.my GT got 17mpg with its 4.10 gears and the bronco is even less.if this import gets good gas and has powet like my friend asked I may become a diehard fan.I'm not into the stickers and fast can pissed off bee sound tho.

R13

The other asshole
Pretty cool, if it was 13:1 I would think it wouldn't run very good even on premium but I could be wrong

tbrazzy-s3

Welcome to the site man. Do you have any engine bay pictures. What about exhaust? Also, any ideas what it's tuned on. If the engine work is as extensive as your friend suggests. Your car has to be tuned on something other than a stock ECU. I would DEFINITELY ask your friend to give you any receipts he has from the shops that did the machine work and parts he bought just so you know what your car has in it.

I'm suggesting this because 28O N/A horsepower is nothing to a domestic V8 but it's the equivalent of about 600 hp to us wee 4cyl guys. You're going to find plenty of guys that don't believe the numbers. Take it to a dyno and let's see what she's got. Also, I'd definitely look into running race gas or an octane boost if you're running at 13:1. Maybe even switching to e85 if that's feasible in TN.

tbrazzy-s3

I'd be happy with a 23mpg too lol.my GT got 17mpg with its 4.10 gears and the bronco is even less.if this import gets good gas and has powet like my friend asked I may become a diehard fan.I'm not into the stickers and fast can pissed off bee sound tho.
Personally, I think you'd be better off buying a stock Honda with low-mileage and just using that as your daily driver. If you want power out of a Honda you will have to turbo it. You won't get all-motor POWER out of a Honda 4cylinder. It's just not going to happen. The mods your friend is running (if he's being completely honest) are not street friendly.