my 1999 Ls

99TegLs

99TegLs' Build/Timeline

Hey Guys!
99TegLs here!​
Decided to make a car thread!
So i bought this 1999 Ls for 2800 dollars. It is in mint condition, but was cheap because it was an auto, and the previous owner bought himself an M3. Car was completely stock when I bought it, and only had 131k on it, with the engine overhauled at 100k, fully honed, piston rings, water pump/ timing belt, ect. But I didn't want to stay stock....
Here's what I have into it so far:
1. I bought an AEM 2.5" cold air intake
2. I purchased an Apex-i WS2 Catback exhaust (I love it!)
3. I bought a 1996 db special edition (5 speed)
4. I bought an Exedy stage 1 clutch kit7
5. A Fidanza 12.5lb flywheel
6. Hasport auto to manual conversion mount
7. New front turn signal lights. I like the look of clear on silver. I think amber is ugly on it.
8. Function and form F2 type one full coilovers
9. BWR Extended Lugs
10. Buddy club front camber kit
On to the pics! The night I bought:

Three weeks later: Had repainted the valve cover by then:

Then I made a mistake: I bought a fart can from ebay! yaaaaaay! Not... It didnt even fit the car correctly, so they sent me another, and... it was the same exhaust system. So said screw that, and bought an Apexi WS2!:

The New exhaust:

Last edited:

99TegLs

Now the Transmission SWAP!!

Now newer updated pics of my car!

Last edited:

99TegLs

Thanks Man! I try ;) just turned 18, bout to graduate... work at Staples for 8.25 an hour. Idk how I afford this stuff...

bkirshr

User that is Registered
wow, nice car! like what you've done with it, any future plans? i feel like it need a front lip, but very nice nonetheless! keep up the good work :thumbs up

99TegLs

I want to buy a front lip, but honestly, I'm staying very uptight about my car. All quality parts from here on out, and I'd only be happy with an OEM type r front lip, painted to match my car... and i'm too poor for my expensive tastes. But if you wanna look good, you gotta pay big. Also looking to do an ls/vtec in the future, but after im out of school. (only 39 days til' graduation)

99TegLs

^ it's worth it. I can tell you everything you need, its not too difficult. If you go slow, 3 days tops. Mine took 2 days. total of 27 hours to rip that motor completely out, remove the tranny, clean it up, paint it, remove my auto tranny, install the manual parts, and wire it all up. BOOM! haha no but seriously, it's worth it.

Oreoboi

Im saving up for a swap aswell. In your opinion should i source out all the parts or jus find a donor car??

99TegLs

hey guys, any suggestions for front and rear braces? I want high quality, ~150$ price range