My 94 Desert Mist DB7

Donx510

Hello there Club Integra! I was a member at TI for along time, but recently migrated here to CI, and like it alot better.

So I am a senior in high school, and got my Integra this summer. It was originally my uncle's car, but he got me into Integras, and he sold it to me for a very good price.

I plan to keep this car as a daily driver, but would like to do some engine mods to it later in the near future.

Engine: Stock B18B1 (rebuilt) with 130xxx miles
Suspension: Koni Oranges with Ground Control Coilovers

The day I got her:

Installed brand new suspension (Koni Oranges with H&R Sport springs):

First thing I did was add some amber turn signals and amber bulbs:

After a good wash, clay, polish and wax:

Donx510

So along the line I decided that I wanted stiffer suspension, and my H&R Sports weren't cutting it, so I replaced them with OTS Ground Control Sleeves, which are 100000x better

And how she sits now (Lol sorry I pixelated myself):

Donx510

Thanks! I like your DB too haha. I wish that I can one day swap in B18C1 and convert it to manual, because I get bored of this auto tragic lol. Yes, the chassis has about 335,000 miles, but the engine was swapped and rebuilt.

Donx510

Thanks everyone, I'm really feeling the love here on CI! The Teg has never been repainted. I just spent about two days washing, claying, polishing and waxing the car to restore it's shine. The only bad part about the paint is the trunk, as you can see from the first picture. The clear coat is completely gone, and the base is starting to fade away too.

The body is in great shape too thanks! The only downside is that the body has a little bit of rust where paint is chipped, like on the driver fender seen in the 2nd to last picture.

Would it be possible for me to restore the trunk paint if I bought some color matched touch up paint and resprayed/cleared it? I was thinking of buying a can from automotivetouchup.com and prepping/spraying myself since I'm a broke high school student going off to college this year lol.

Last edited:

TheCrimsonStar

If the base is already fading badly (if it's not then go with your idea) it may be worth it just to redo the whole trunk. Paintscratch.com has some good stuff. Bought a two cans of base and clear and some primer from there and did my gf's lancer fender. Still gotta sand it a bit and use rubbing compound but this is how it looks so far:

I've never painted before this. It's pretty easy. Did all that with rattle cans and a hand sander.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ganyon

I would just save a bit and just repaint the whole car. Doing certain parts won't match due to age.

Donx510

That doesn't look half bad TheCrimson star! Just a little wetsanding and polish should remove that orange peel. Did you end up using both of your paint cans? I was thinking that maybe one can will do the trick for my trunk.

You make a great point Ganyon, but I'm going off to college this year after I graduate high school, and so a majority of my money will be spent towards tuition. I would rather spend $30 on a can of color matched paint and clear coat than have this ugly fading paint on my car lol.

Do you think that it would look a bit better if I did pursue through with it?

Here's a picture of the trunk's peeling paint when I first had the car:

Last edited:

TheCrimsonStar

Thanks! And i used two cans of base and two cans of clear lol. Too much clear but i tried to compensate for some spots where I went heavy on the base. Yeah the top of the trunk needs to be redone. The back part with the Acura emblem can be taped off because it looks fine and can be blended into later. The cans are about $20 apiece for base and I think $15 for clear. And the clear they sell is the higher grade stuff, not the crap from Autozone that yellows after a while. Make sure you get at least one can of filler primer as well. Doesn't take much...that filler covers a LOT of area with only a little application. After I get a compressor and paint gun and a crap ton of bondo I'm gonna repair the dents and dings in my body and buy all my paint from paintscratch and do a whole body paint job.

Last edited:

Donx510

Sorry guys, I haven't updated this thread in a while. But my plans for now are to repaint the peeling trunk using some touchup paint from automotivetouchup.com, get an Si-Vtec lip, and gather a few missing parts. If anyone is willing to sell their rear 94-97 DB mudflaps or their cigarette lighter ashtray then I will be more than happy to take them off your hands!

Donx510

Also, please excuse my super noob question, but what if I wanted to do a B18C1 swap to my automatic Integra? What parts would I need to complete the auto to manual swap, if I already have the complete engine and tranny?

TheCrimsonStar

Also, please excuse my super noob question, but what if I wanted to do a B18C1 swap to my automatic Integra? What parts would I need to complete the auto to manual swap, if I already have the complete engine and tranny?
Clutch master cylinder, clutch pedal assembly, clutch lines, slave cylinder, transmission fork boot, manual ECU, manual gauge cluster, clutch fluid (any dot3 brake fluid), shift linkages, shifter, shift knob and boot. Anyone else add to this if I'm missing something.