My 94 Sedan Build-Up - Lots of Pics = ) [ Updated Constantly... So Stay TUNED!!! ]

k624ash

New Member
yea i just get kinda annoyed at the whole "buck the trend" trend.
like i heard in a song making fun of emo once, "you can be a non-conforminst too if you dress just like me".
 

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
k624ash said:
yea i just get kinda annoyed at the whole "buck the trend" trend.
like i heard in a song making fun of emo once, "you can be a non-conforminst too if you dress just like me".
haha i think i've seen that on you tube.

lol... and i'm usually the ANTI-JDM guy.... cause "JDM" is for a fact over-rated... but i still like it.. its just some people take JDM to the nipples

now i can understand why some "ricers" dont like these kinda forums... we forget its all for the love of modding cars... integras and hondas.



i've always been in to cars but i'm not really into making a career out of it, thats why i make it my hobby. i love my car... i like working on it, i like to see it preform and look better... i wanna put it to its potential and give it some character. just like my previous car... my silver ej8. loved it to death til it got totalled by some kid... i stood there stairing at it.


all that hard work... gone... from bone stock piece of shit... to my pride and joy. of course i was mad... hated hondas and cars for a minute... but i couldn't resist... still gots love for HONDA :thumbup:
 


g3teg97

Super Moderator
I actually thought the kit looked nice. It was pulled off very well, but I like all the progess your car has been through. :thumbup:
 

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
g3teg97 said:
I actually thought the kit looked nice. It was pulled off very well, but I like all the progess your car has been through. :thumbup:
dont get me wrong... i loved it too :p ... but since the car came like that... iono i just kept thinking something was wrong. i had to give it that same touch i did with the civic... keepin it fresh with OEM 8)

i guess its that whole "built not bought" thing you know? the teg jus didn't look/feel like it belong to me... but more like the previous owners car still...
 


g3teg97

Super Moderator
SilverDB8 said:
i guess its that whole "built not bought" thing you know? the teg jus didn't look/feel like it belong to me... but more like the previous owners car still...
That's one of the best things about having your own car, you make the changes/upgrades that you want to do, so in a sense, it becomes more yours (If that makes sense).

PS. One reason I would never buy a car modified for that reason. Must be 100% stock.
 

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Did you get those Volks on the teg yet or are you still going to try to get them refinished first?

g3teg97 said:
PS. One reason I would never buy a car modified for that reason. Must be 100% stock.
Agreed!
 

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
g3teg97 said:
That's one of the best things about having your own car, you make the changes/upgrades that you want to do, so in a sense, it becomes more yours (If that makes sense).

PS. One reason I would never buy a car modified for that reason. Must be 100% stock.
i totally understand... thats why after i did the oem conversion, it felt more like my car... well now i can consider it MY CAR... lol

yea i kno... but at the time i was unpatient... been carless for about 1 year barrowing my pops gas guzzling truck... and my birthday was comming up... i couldn't wait. plus the rarity of a clean title 4dr gsr in southern ca... and it was the only one for sale for months. the mods were mainly cosemtic.... then again... i dont know what he done to the car in the past :what:

dont you hate it when you want something its not available... and when you dont want it... its there all the time... :evil:

but yea... buying a modded car wasn't the best decision, but it wasn't that bad. 94 converted to 98+ inside and out plus the complete leather set. the only bad thing i have to say was the maintainence of the motor... wasn't well kept but that'll change :thumbup: i have some small plans for rebuilding it.

dc2GS-R said:
Did you get those Volks on the teg yet or are you still going to try to get them refinished first?
haha, i've been busy piecing together parts for the front end... almost forgot i even bought them. i need to buy tires for them.

i'm undecided on whether to buy some tires and slap on the rims... or wait and get the rays valve stems and restore 2 of the rims ( cause only 2 of them have paint chips ), cause the dummies i'm rolling on have lots of tread left in them. i think im going to wait and not rush into things... i want them to look good as possible :thumbup: plus if my car might gets jacked... and if it does with the rims... i'll cry lol
 

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i just think you made it worse thats all

everyone hated on my car when i got the 17s cause i didnt keep the si rims ..... and later i changed rims, but not because people hated on it, but because i thought they might get jacked and they were killing my gas miles ..

i didnt get pissed off at anyone for clowning my rims ... yet you get mad about me clowning you for getting a jdm front, and of course all the jdm lovers chime in and have your back.
 

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
Melt said:
i just think you made it worse thats all

everyone hated on my car when i got the 17s cause i didnt keep the si rims ..... and later i changed rims, but not because people hated on it, but because i thought they might get jacked and they were killing my gas miles
haha, well i guess i can see it at your point... the car was "complete" before i did anything... wings west and all... but once i'm done... you'll see :thumbup:

your 17's weren't that bad... i wouldn't rock em but it looked c0o.... sorta, haha.
 

MeDiKTeG

Wingless Hatch
SilverDB8 said:
lol... wow. thats some harsh words there my friend... :shock:... in a way i'm a little offended but its the interweb... can't really hold a grudge about it. but first off... the car was BOUGHT like that... they only thing that i added were the rotas...

like any car enthusiast... a car is built... not bought. as you've seen... the car been through a couple stages to MEET MY OWN EXPECTATION... and its pretty clear i that "experienced" each style and decided to go on a different route. i've tried all kinds of setups to find out MYSELF if it works for me, not cause its pricey, not cause its looks pretty, and definately not because some fruit decided to label something "JDM".

what seperates me from other people is experience and because of that... my mods... to me is justified. i am able to say yea.. "i had that on my car... blah blah blah... i like it or hate it." i had the wings west... and i think it looked like shit... i had the usdm type r, i liked it but everyone i know that has a 4dr looks exactly like me... i always wanted the "jdm" front end... i have the time + money... so why not? or should i be cool and put back on my wings west so Melt can like MY CAR.

iono, i just felt like you should understand me and my car, before you start labeling me as a "tool". i can understand you dont like the "jdm" front end... but to say "i guess people have to follow the trends and not think for tehmselves these days"... sounds like a hater :thumbdown:... and you dont even know me on that level. :what:

so0o0o.... be open minded... don't hate... appreciate :thumbup
See...now thats what I hear about my tails all the time. Same shit. Just cuz I wanted to have a little something different on my car from others. Shit, drive around here and all the other tegs all look the same, total OEM. And all I catch is shit, except from speedin. You go with your bad self, Silver. Can't wait to see your build finished. Good luck
 
Last edited by a moderator:

konerri

New Member
i personally think you should get a new rad. support becasue it is at the core of how your front end is going to turn out. Start with a good support and everything will line up alot easier. meaning less headaches and mayve even endin up going with a new one later
 

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
MeDiKTeG said:
See...now thats what I hear about my tails all the time. Same shit. Just cuz I wanted to have a little something different on my car from others. Shit, drive around here and all the other tegs all look the same, total OEM. And all I catch is shit, except from speedin. You go with your bad self, Silver. Can't wait to see your build finished. Good luck
right on bro, thanks for the support :thumbup:

konerri said:
i personally think you should get a new rad. support becasue it is at the core of how your front end is going to turn out. Start with a good support and everything will line up alot easier. meaning less headaches and mayve even endin up going with a new one later
thanks for the input, i was thinkin about getting a complete new radiator support since its solid and everything would bolt up perfectly... but its pretty pricey.. like $250'ish, and used ones go for $100'ish but none for sale locally. right now imma try to fix the trashed on i have as much as i can and see how it looks from far... then i'll decide if i need to buy it. my bumper support and reinforment bar is in good shape tho so it shouldn't be that bad i hope. btw my pops is a pro... lol he's a auto mechanic, so i learn from the best :thumbup:

<---- currently uploading some pics of the progress on the db... cause ya kno i'm a pic whore... lol.
 

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
was able to get some work done the last couple days. grabbed the fucked up front bumper and started working away. i was planning to use fiberglass and i needed to buy some but my pops suggested another route. melting the bumper with this type of solder.

The Damage :
*the passenger side was kidna fucked up... the top section was pushed in... the hole... and not to mention the small grill section got ripped*






The Tools:
HeatGun


Flat Head Solder?


The Aftermath:
i used the headgun to reshape the bumper then using a wet cloth to cool it to keep the shape. the solder was used to fuse the damage together + using extra pieces of urethane parts[ scap pieces from bumpers ]. i then sanded it down with the block to smooth it out a little bit.. a 80 grit... and also sanded with my hands to get into the tight grooves.





next step was the light weight filler...



thats all i was able to get done since today. i'll probably start blockin it down by the end of the week or something and possibly get it primered :thumbup:
 

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
here's some up comming projects....

Ripped ITR Lip



Lumpy Ass Hood

*and looky... a "jdm" itr H emblem that costs as much the price i bought the hood :p*



Last but not least the trashed T support :???:





Yay!!!... i get lots of fun to keep my busy for the next couple months... :lol: lol.

SO STAY TUNED.... DUN DUN DUN..... :thumbs up
 

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
nice mang, thats gunna be hott!

Anyone can take a crappy car and put new parts on it make it look pretty, but it takes true talant to take crappy parts, fix them, then put them on and make a beautiful car!

4-Door JDM ITR FTW! (gadda love the 3 letters lol)
 


Top