My Build Thread

themiller13

Yeah, I really do. Plus my CEL is on for not having a cat or downstream O2 sensor. Definitely need a tune soon. How long could I drive like this without messing stuff up?
I drove for a while on a faulty cat and sensor with out any physical damage. MPGS sucked until I fixed it. Find your self a MIL delete or make one. It will solve the issue.

gsr_nikhil

I drove for a while on a faulty cat and sensor with out any physical damage. MPGS sucked until I fixed it. Find your self a MIL delete or make one. It will solve the issue.
Can you elaborate? Because right now I just have the secondary O2 sensor just zip-tied to the sway bar so it reads outside air. Almost like a defouler

db_r

!ocsic
that red is a nice color man.. good build you got going on.

themiller13

Can you elaborate? Because right now I just have the secondary O2 sensor just zip-tied to the sway bar so it reads outside air. Almost like a defouler
A MIL eliminator simulates an o2 sensor sending back a perfect signal to the ECU.
An o2 sensor senses the air quality (not sure how) and then creates an electric signal that get sent to the engine. That signal then tells the engine how the car is running. Dirty or clean. OBD2 which you have if you have a secondary o2 was created to cut down on emissions. So it's more touchy than a 94-95 teg

So with the 2nd o2 pulled out of the exhaust system, the sensor is creating a signal (voltage) that the ECU doesn't like, telling the ECU that the car is generating more pollution than acceptable. Hence your CEL. By installing the MIL delete, the device will generate a signal that the ECU will read as if the car was running perfectly. Which will make the CEL go away.

The only other option I see if you want to stay cat less is to switch to OBD1 but that's a little more pricey. Don't quote me on a number but I'm 90% sure it'd be more costly than finding/making a Mil delete. Unless you murdered some one :D

Google around for it. There's a few how to's and if you're lucky you could find one pre made. I know American muscle sells them but that's specifically for mustangs. I'm not sure if it would be compatible but it might be a place to start.

gsr_nikhil

A MIL eliminator simulates an o2 sensor sending back a perfect signal to the ECU.
An o2 sensor senses the air quality (not sure how) and then creates an electric signal that get sent to the engine. That signal then tells the engine how the car is running. Dirty or clean. OBD2 which you have if you have a secondary o2 was created to cut down on emissions. So it's more touchy than a 94-95 teg

So with the 2nd o2 pulled out of the exhaust system, the sensor is creating a signal (voltage) that the ECU doesn't like, telling the ECU that the car is generating more pollution than acceptable. Hence your CEL. By installing the MIL delete, the device will generate a signal that the ECU will read as if the car was running perfectly. Which will make the CEL go away.

The only other option I see if you want to stay cat less is to switch to OBD1 but that's a little more pricey. Don't quote me on a number but I'm 90% sure it'd be more costly than finding/making a Mil delete. Unless you murdered some one :D

Google around for it. There's a few how to's and if you're lucky you could find one pre made. I know American muscle sells them but that's specifically for mustangs. I'm not sure if it would be compatible but it might be a place to start.
Thanks for the information. I am looking to get the car tuned come this summer anyway so I think I'm just going to ride it out.