My Build Thread

gsr_nikhil

I tried using Google to search but all that came up were ppl on HT telling others to search lol. I am wondering if I should tune now (as is with current mods) or stock up more parts (Intake mani etc), install, then tune?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
It's a good investment. If you spend $700-$800 now tuning you're looking at gaining maybe 5-10hp/tq. You're not going to get that from any other mod in that price, and then you have the capability for future upgrades.

gsr_nikhil

It's a good investment. If you spend $700-$800 now tuning you're looking at gaining maybe 5-10hp/tq. You're not going to get that from any other mod in that price, and then you have the capability for future upgrades.
This is what I wanted to hear. So basically I should tune now and then collect parts to build the head, block etc

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
It would only be a waste if you plan on changing something major in the near future. And then you're only out the money spent on the tuning.

gsr_nikhil

Well I guess I'll just get an intake manifold and then tune. Then sit on it for awhile til I save enough to upgrade the head with new cams and all.

The 375 mile drive isn't the problem. Its just the fact that I cant immediately drive home and get it tuned. I'm in school lol

gsr_nikhil

Looking at getting a Skunk2 intake manifold. If I install it and drive with it without a tune immediately, will I mess anything up?

Sent from my Moto seX using Tapatalk

enoch723

Most people assume that a bigger intake manifold, or a bigger intake tube will result in more air intake. But in reality, its going to suck in what it needs regardless of how big the ports are or anything. If you actually NEED the extra to be pulled in, thats where you would need extra air flow.
If its a stock build, slightly bigger intake wont do much of anything other then open doors to bigger cams and such

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Thanks for the info! I assume I'll need another intake tube because the TB will sit higher right?

Ah cause you have the gsr im, I'm not sure if you could use the same intake or not. I know they make different ones for that reason but it may fit , just not perfect.

gsr_nikhil

Ah cause you have the gsr im, I'm not sure if you could use the same intake or not. I know they make different ones for that reason but it may fit , just not perfect.
I paid 180 for it when I got it so I'll make it fit lol