My Jeep build

5150KDC2

This is first before the Teggy so I figured I show something other than a Teg. :)

Day after I got it home.

This corner was crushed in by some one backing into the license plate. No bondo needed :)

Before

Before boxing in the front

After boxing in the front

Tare down.

:twisted:New motor :twisted:

Almost like Christmas :)

Reversing the Shackles

Body Cancer EWWWW!

Soon to be Skid plate

Last edited:

5150KDC2

I will put up the specs tomarrow, to freaking tired tonight. More pics to come soon. Hope you all enjoy.

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
I like! Looks like an expensive little build haha.
If you ever feel bad about it, let me know and i'll post a picture or two of my Jeep- it will make you feel so much better about it all. :)

Mines a pile of crap. The back 2-3 feet of my frame rusted out so I went tubular lol.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Glad you finally posted it up!!! I didn't know you were going balls to the wall on it. Go big or go home I guess. I'm subscribed!

5150KDC2

Glad you finally posted it up!!! I didn't know you were going balls to the wall on it. Go big or go home I guess. I'm subscribed!
Fortunately I didnt have to pull the diff's as well, since that was the first thing I did to them. But yeah, It was gonna be a simple motor and tranny swap, and it turned into an all out project lol.

I like! Looks like an expensive little build haha.
If you ever feel bad about it, let me know and i'll post a picture or two of my Jeep- it will make you feel so much better about it all. :)

Mines a pile of crap. The back 2-3 feet of my frame rusted out so I went tubular lol.
I spent forever to find a some what rust free rig, had to go to New Mexico for it too. I can live with the lil bit of surface rust that it has, and the major stuff under the rollbar. I dont feel bad about it, since I took my buddies TJ to go wheelin with and I thought it was gonna fall apart just on the pavement lol.

Prozon

Kris
The problem is, whenever I fix something structurally.. it always adds three times the weight because I never want to have to deal with it again. My new frame weighs like 4x as much and is at least twice as thick lol.

5150KDC2

SPECS:
1986 CJ7 Jeep
The only stock stuff on it will be the body, frame, differentials, and rear springs.
Power Plant:
Chevy 350 Crate Motor (290hp, 305ft/lbs.)
T.B.I. Fuel injection (stock chevy)
Ram horn Exhaust manifolds (stock chevy)
O.E.M. Replacement Distributor
M.S.D. Coil
M.S.D. Plug Wires
NGK V-Power Spark Plugs
125amp Altenator
Stock Pullies
2 Core Aluminum Racing Radiator
Custom exhaust with Magnaflow Cat's and mufflers (Dual 2.5")

Drive Terrain:
Nv4500 Chevy 5speed Trans. (6.71 first gear)
O.E. flywheel
12" O.E. friction disk (both were still good after I took them off the truck)
Centerforce Pressure Plate.
Dana 300 Transfer Case w/ twin stick conversion (allows me to work the front and rear independently)
Tom Woods Drivelines front and rear
Dana 44 Rear Diff w/
Detroit locker
4.56 gears
Rear disc brake conversion
Chromolly axles and diff cover.
Dana 30 Front Diff w/
Eaton Electric locker
4.56 gears
Chromolly axles
6 bolt hubs (not lugs, the bolts that hold the locking portion of the hub in place)
Waren Locking Hubs
Big Daddy Tierods (flipped)
35x12.50 15 KM2 Mud Terrain BF Goodrich tires w/ 15x8 Black Steel Wheels
Hydroboost Brake Master Cylinder

Suspension:
14" front, 10" rear Bilstine Gas charged shocks
Reverse Shackle kit up fron w/ 2.5" wide springs 2.5" of lift (Rancho)
Rancho springs in the rear with 2.5" of lift (stock 2.5" wide)
1.5" longer, and heavier shackles
Stock Bumpstops
Shock hoops up front

Exterior:
Rock Hard rock sliders on both sides
Hansen Front bumper
Waren 9000lbs. Winch
Custom Rear Bumper (making myself)
Custom Tail lights
H.I.D. headlights in euro offroad housings
KC Daylighters
Side lights underneath body, and also in the rear
Bedliner under the body
Not sure on what color im painting it yet.

Interior:
Mastercraft Seats
Bedliner for the floors
S-10 Tilt Steering coloum
Cutom seat brackets
Weld in full rollcage (6 point)
Alpine Media player
Two 10" Type R Thin subs
6x9 3 way speakers in the rear
4" 2 way speakers up front

Ill update as I go along, cause I'm sure I missed something lol.

5150KDC2

The problem is, whenever I fix something structurally.. it always adds three times the weight because I never want to have to deal with it again. My new frame weighs like 4x as much and is at least twice as thick lol.
Its an off road vehicle, so extra wont hurt, unless you plan on breaking land speed records on dirt or rocks lol

Prozon

Kris
It's a '77 with a AMC 304, it won't be breaking any records anytime soon. Hehe. :thumbs up

So why beef up those teeny weeny little axles? I would have gone one tons. >: )

5150KDC2

Lovin it bro, we missed you Sunday
Yeah I know, I helped a friend move some furniture so he could get new carpet put in. I am gonna roll my fenders and hopefully get rid of this damn code before the weekend, so I will be down for sure this sunday.

It's a '77 with a AMC 304, it won't be breaking any records anytime soon. Hehe. :thumbs up

So why beef up those teeny weeny little axles? I would have gone one tons. >: )
The diff housing is way to big for rock crawling on 35's. That and Ive never needed more than Dana 44's, and to do a front 44 is another 2g's to do and cant remember if that was with or without the locker. Its been about 10 years since I helped my dad build his 52 willys. The chromolly axles that im putting in the dana 30 makes it stronger than a dana 44 front. so I have all the strength I need for about a grand less, and thats with the locker.