My Photography Thread

Ganyon

Since I have my pics all over the place on this site and I can't keep up with them, all of them will be posted in here for now on. Suggestions on how to make them better are welcomed. So here goes nothing.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
What are you using to shoot? The thing you will always be learning about is lighting. Foundation for all photography and everything is relative to it. You will be learning about it from the beginning to the end so dont think its not something to start reading about right away. Before and in order to get any better you must know how your camera works, in just about all its features and abilities. That said...

Ganyon

Lol, I was using my d3200. I normally play with it to get better pics, but it was just so hot and humid outside I was like screw it after the first couple of shots. Then I just started snapping.

R13

The other asshole
I did that once and was so disappointed because I screwed up one really good shot, Lesson learned.

Check out Joenx's flickr, He's got some pretty amazing shots if you need inspiration. :)

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I was also looking for to what extent youre familiar with your camera and the basics of photography. It really helps a lot to start with learning what everything does.

Ganyon

I was also looking for to what extent youre familiar with your camera and the basics of photography. It really helps a lot to start with learning what everything does.
I havent had It that long so I am still learning what everything does. i did a little adjusting for the last pics and just didnt like how they came out. I kinda just made this thread to share my progress and track it.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
With you on that. Knowing where youre at is the only way I or anyone else can "suggest how to make them better".

If youre not already shooting in raw, start there. Biggest mistake i made was thinking it was for advanced photographers.

Ganyon

I'll definately try that. I tried doing one pic in a raw format when I first got the camera, stuck the sd card in the computer, and it said it wasn't compatible or something. Maybe thats why I got a disc with the camera. Lol

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I take it to mean it couldnt read the file when you tried to open it. Depending on what is already on your computer, usually you need a driver at least. Software such as the ones that usually come with cameras will open them and then you can convert to jpeg when ready if editing was needed or not. Newer versions of photoshop also will read raw images.