Need help on purchasing new HID Kit

Dre_DA9

A few weeks ago i traded my POS EJ8 for a 92 DA9. Has an HID kit and headlights were really weak so i figured it would need to be rewired. Before i got to doing that, my driver side bulb went out. ( i forgot to mention, it has the 1 piece headlights, not sure if JDM or knock offs, most probably knock offs) Cant really figure out what HID kit i need and what bulbs, mainly because i dont know what headlights i have so if anyone can help me out itd be great! :thumbs up

Last edited:

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
DA's were stock with those one piece lights. they started the bug eyes for Gen 3 then after a year or so jdm market hated them and started making the lights you see now. only USDM kept the bug eyes (quick lesson lol).

and a quick search on forums it looks to be the same for lows and highs : 9004 / HB1

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
and as far as bulb it all depends n what spectrum of light you want. 3000k is yellow....5000k is white ... 8000k is blue-ish .... 12000k is almost purple.

there are in betweens but that's the gist of them all .. also don't put HID's for your Highs if you're planning on it. the heat up time is useless for highs lol. just get HELLA halogen bulbs.

Last edited:

Dre_DA9

The headlights and corners were three separate pieces on USDM G2's, JDM were one solid piece.

So i have the jdm ones? or are they knock offs because correct me if im wrong the Jdm one piece has different bulbs than knock offs.

94RS

No fucks given.
OEM one pieces say "STANLEY" somewhere on the lens. I believe they use H4H bulbs, but I'm not 100% on that.

Dre_DA9

OEM one pieces say "STANLEY" somewhere on the lens. I believe they use H4H bulbs, but I'm not 100% on that.
Just found out they do say Stanley in small letters on the side of the lens going top to bottom

94RS

No fucks given.
You'll an H4h (NOT H4, the base is larger) HID kit because that's what will fit in the JDM housing.

To run it on stock/USDM wiring, you'll need an H4-9004/9007 conversion harness... Unless the factory wiring is already hacked up.

94RS

No fucks given.
$80 for eBay trash? :rolf: 8000k will be just as blue as the pic you posted before.

A lot of people around here use DDM Tuning kits, which usually run under $50.

There's write ups/videos on how to turn a regular H4 base into an H4H. Basically just cutting some excess material to make it fit.... If you feel comfortable enough doing that, I'd order an H4 hi/lo kit from DDM and save some money.