Need some insight from you guys please!

Cadaract

Hello ClubIntegra! I am a noob here, but I plan on sticking around awhile and not just asking this and disappearing. A little about me, I work at a Honda Dealership as a salesman, I used to have a B16 hatch but been out of the game for 6-8 years now. Just getting back in and I have some questions that I hope aren't too much to ask you guys.

Okay, here's the scoop. Just bought a 98 Teg LS 2-door with a GSR Swap. I want this car to MOSTLY be comfortable driving as a daily BUT I also want it to be an actual track car eventually (Track as in Racing with turns, not drag) From what I know the car has the swap, coilovers, XXR wheels with fat tires 205/50r16 front/ 205/55r16 back, and a short air intake. The car is jumped from OBD 2 back to 1 with a P28 ECU. Fuel and Mileage gauges don't work, CEL doesn't light up either but motor and car are not in bad shape) The car also has tires rubbing in front (I think I need to raise the coilovers up to fix that or worst case is get new tires), The car also is not a smooth ride it squeaks, it feels like getting punched when going over just minor bumps or potholes. Car also has muffler deleted exhaust and the Vtec wires aren't ran. I have someone who can run the Vtec wires and put on a muffler though. My biggest concern is the suspension and making this thing feel safe to drive instead of feeling like its going to break when hitting bumps. (I'm used to driving a 2015 Charger, I used to be in the Honda game but have been out for awhile now.) Now I got my hands on this and want to make it a nice comfortable ride as a daily driver and eventually work my way up to Race car meant for the track (unless both can be done at the same time which I doubt) So I guess my biggest questions are...
1. What is the best site to order parts from or if there are different sites that offer different specialties like (ebay/ amazon for small things but best site for suspension stuff is _____) please share with me.
2. How can I make this pass Emissions testing considering the ECU is jumped and CEL is probably on but just doesn't have a bulb? I was reading a p72 should do the trick? or would that matter on which year my motor came from? I didn't do the swap myself so I don't know what year car the motor came out of. Trying to play catch up.
3. What would cause the car to be a rough ride like this? What would cause the squeaking, hard bump impact, etc. and all that while driving? and since the car already has coilovers is it just a matter of adjusting them or is it other parts that is causing the problem?
4. I noticed that as of now. (No Vtec, No Muffler (Back pressure) When I get on it in 1st it starts to climb and then feels like the tires are spinning almost but they aren't if that makes sense? Just feels like it may not have all the power it should but it could totally be because of those 2 things. Figured you guys know more than me!
5. What should I try to do on my own or with a friend who knows Honda's well, and what should I get professionally done?
6. I am sure I have more questions for the Integra masters in this room but for now let's start with that. Thank you for any replies and help in advance!

94RS

No fucks given.
Best place to order parts from for our cars is usually Tunersports (which is the ClubIntegra store). If they don’t have something, then check JHPUSA or eBay.

I can only speak for the harsh ride part (sorry), but it’s most likely the combination of shitty, off brand coilovers and definitely the mismatched tire sizes.

On my car, I have Tanabe GF210 springs and Koni STR.T struts. That setup lowers it 1.5in at the front and I believe 1.3in at the rear, but it makes the car feel like it has a “factory sport” suspension if that makes any sense. Like, it’s noticeably firmer than stock but still comfortable enough to get groceries [emoji23]

I’ve also got 205/45/16’s on my car, which is the proper tire size for 16s.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
so your emissions station is centeralized. the vin number gotta match the car, call deq and see what exceptions they have for ecu swaps and motor swaps. in va, the motor must be same year or newer and have all emission equipment from that model year. there are probally a exception though.

ZEROPTZERO

low quality off brand coilovers can be rough, cause squeaks and likely don't handle any better than stock. Some aftermarket control arms can also be noisy. Anyone who did the half ass job on the engine and exhaust surely wasn't going to spend money on a good suspension, willing to bet it is loaded with cheap low quality parts. Time to upgrade and go with quality trusted parts.

I'm running adjustable shocks on mild springs, and it feels great and is quiet. KYB shocks can be adjusted soft when you want and firm when at the track. H&R oe sport springs are close to Type R stiffness, one inch drop, and work perfect for me. Koni shocks are a good alternative as well.

The one situation you describe could be clutch slipping, rpms climb but speed doesn't

Last edited: