New battery - Car won't start/jump

ashleyvarnes

I have 1999 Acura Integra LS. I bought a brand new battery last week and my car ran fine. Got into it 2 days ago and it wouldn't start. It was making that clicking noise when the battery is dead so i tried to jump it and it still wouldn't start. Now today i tried to jump it again and the car isn't even making any clicks or anything.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Do you have any power to the car at all as in headlights, interior lights, radio? If no then check to make sure the battery terminals are connected tightly and that they don't need the terminals replaced.

ashleyvarnes

None of my interior lights or headlights work and i've tightened the connectors as much as possible. Could there be a problem with my starter?

Alvi84

The more you jump your car the more likely you are to damage the ignition coil in the distributor and the alternator. Get a charging system tester or go to your local auto part store (most places can test your alternator and battery for free; only takes a minute to attach the tester to your batter).

As far as not having any cabin lights or head lights... definitely sounds like a battery issue. Did the place you buy your battery from already have them charged? I know this seem like a stupid question but I remember back in the day when you bought a battery from some places, you still had to go home and charge it yourself.

ashleyvarnes

It might just need to be placed on a charger. I bought it, drove it for about an hour and then it sat for a day or two. So maybe it just need to be charged up.

mjones73

I'd bet your alternator is bad and/or the belt is loose/bad/missing... The car ran til you discharged it and it's not being recharged.

rockadilla

thats right.
are ur connectors rusty? if they are it could just be a problem with them, pour some coke over them and it'll eat away at the rust lol, shows how healthy coke is :lol:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
As far as not having any cabin lights or head lights... definitely sounds like a battery issue. Did the place you buy your battery from already have them charged? I know this seem like a stupid question but I remember back in the day when you bought a battery from some places, you still had to go home and charge it yourself.
are ur connectors rusty? if they are it could just be a problem with them, pour some coke over them and it'll eat away at the rust lol, shows how healthy coke is :lol:
X2 on both of those. I actually didn't know they finally started charging them

NEEK94LS

I'd bet your alternator is bad and/or the belt is loose/bad/missing... The car ran til you discharged it and it's not being recharged.
X2...... I just replaced mt ALT, and it sounds like your having the same prbs I was having. You should check that out.