New here. Need a little insight. Ghost chatter

Saint95Teg

Ok some background info i have 95 integra SE 173k owned since 161k had her about a year and a half. A couple of months ago i noticed a chatter noise real distinct kinda a mix between gravel in a tin can and static. Kinda like valve tapping. But heres the kicker, it only happens when im driving and it dosent happen all the time! Its driving me nuts. Ive done an oil change (no metal in oil), valve adjustment, removed ac belt as tenioner pulley was grinding. My alternator whines but dosent chatter. I took off my alarm siren as its bolted to the fire wall and it was loose. Still there. It sounds like its right behind the dash cluster/clock. The only thing i could think of is exhaust as mine snapped right after the cat. But this was happening before that. Any insight would be great! I can post videos if need be

FreshGSR

JDM Enthusiast
Check your cam gears/cams if rubbing against valve cover. Might also be a busted oil pickup valve floating around in your block; if that's the case, time for a rebuild OR go half-ass and replace the pickup and do some fishing :D