Newb Parts questions

miahwood27

JDMDANUT
I'm new to the Honda/Acura world. I bought my 1st Honda last yr in Feb. It was a 94' Civic DX with a D16/Z6 Swap. I decided it wasn't enough power even if I were to Mod it to the max!! So I bought my current project a 93' Integra GS. It currently has the JDM B18C swap and I'm not sure what transmission is in it. My questions are as follows. Thanks in advance to all of those who can answer them!! I want to keep the internals as close to stock as possible but I want parts that will last.

1: Are the bearings different in the JDM B18C different from those in the USDM B18C?
2: Are the piston rings different?
3: Would you recommend using Power Enterprise's Kevlar timing belt vs. OEM?
4: Would you recommend ARP headstuds vs. OEM? If so why?
5: I've heard that putting a short throw shifter in the DA will do damage to your tranny, is that true?
6: I'm looking for a decent exhaust but I don't want to drop $1k into it. I need from header back. What would you recommend for a nice deep throaty tone? I'm not into the fart can thing, I do like the twin loop though.
7: Is it possible to do a front end conversion to make my 93' DA look like the front end of a 94'? Reasonm I ask that is I'm not too fond of the headlights on the 93' but I do like the headlight kit on the 94' JDM. If you need a pic I can post it.

That's pretty much all I have for now so thanks again. And please no flaming or bashing me, remember I am new to the scene and even though the questions may seem dumb to you they aren't to me!

Thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I'm new to the Honda/Acura world. I bought my 1st Honda last yr in Feb. It was a 94' Civic DX with a D16/Z6 Swap. I decided it wasn't enough power even if I were to Mod it to the max!! So I bought my current project a 93' Integra GS. It currently has the JDM B18C swap and I'm not sure what transmission is in it. My questions are as follows. Thanks in advance to all of those who can answer them!! I want to keep the internals as close to stock as possible but I want parts that will last.

1: Are the bearings different in the JDM B18C different from those in the USDM B18C?
2: Are the piston rings different?
3: Would you recommend using Power Enterprise's Kevlar timing belt vs. OEM?
4: Would you recommend ARP headstuds vs. OEM? If so why?
5: I've heard that putting a short throw shifter in the DA will do damage to your tranny, is that true?
6: I'm looking for a decent exhaust but I don't want to drop $1k into it. I need from header back. What would you recommend for a nice deep throaty tone? I'm not into the fart can thing, I do like the twin loop though.
7: Is it possible to do a front end conversion to make my 93' DA look like the front end of a 94'? Reasonm I ask that is I'm not too fond of the headlights on the 93' but I do like the headlight kit on the 94' JDM. If you need a pic I can post it.

That's pretty much all I have for now so thanks again. And please no flaming or bashing me, remember I am new to the scene and even though the questions may seem dumb to you they aren't to me!

Thanks
rings are different based on size
bearings are the same you want to get them balanced and sized to your crank
ARP headsutds are stronger than OEM
i would use a OEM timing belt if your build is mild or stock

miahwood27

JDMDANUT
rings are different based on size
bearings are the same you want to get them balanced and sized to your crank
ARP headsutds are stronger than OEM
i would use a OEM timing belt if your build is mild or stock
Thank you very much for your input!! I do want this build to be mild. I'm not looking to get any extra horse power out of it other than the stock 180 so.