Nitrous Help

mygsr's

Alright I have been having some trouble finding info on nitrous for my teg. I have a gsr engine with a b16 tranny. I'm interested in getting a Zex direct injection nitrous kit. I already have a good amount of bolt ons and alot of suspension done so what all would I need to set my self up for a good shot of nitrous. In a few days I'm getting new pistons and rods, camshafts, valves, etc. I want to know should i go with standard compression or high compression? And what size? I basically am looking to keep my teg as realiable as possible around 200hp(maybe a little more). But i want to know that if i need the power its there. This is why I dont want to turbo my teg because reliability goes down the drain. Any feedback is well appreciated.

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
Reliability only goes down the drain if you go cheap on your build.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
your information is misconstrued
nitrous will kill your reliability, turbo doesnt as much, and 200whp is easy to obtain on a gsr

natt2000

turbo>nirous in both power and reliability, if done correctly. take your time, do some research, buy quality parts. i dont see why you wouldnt be able to run 100k on a turbo motor, as long as it is healthy to begin with.

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
your information is misconstrued
nitrous will kill your reliability, turbo doesnt as much, and 200whp is easy to obtain on a gsr
funniest shit i have heard all day. nitrous only kills your reliability if you do a crazy ass shot. on a stock honda block you can do 50-75 all day. i have sprayed every honda i have owned. all nitrous is basically is adding extra oxygen and fuel. if jetted and hooked up properly nitrous will not kill reliability at all. if you do it right and tune for bigger shots and dont spray with advanced timing you will have no issues.

ZaWn

Both Turbo and Nitrous puts pressure on your block so you will lose reliability in the long run.
What I like about Nitrous is that it has an on and off switch which means your block will not constantly be under pressure and you will get the power when you need/want it. Honestly, I think the Nitrous is the best bang for the buck because there is not much additional parts that you need to buy to optimize the Nitrous system.

Keep in mind: 55-65 shots you can run with stock motor with few bolt-ons. Once you go 75, you have to adjust ignition timing and may have to consider doing internal modifications.
-Z-

Last edited: