noob question, need help

samsonov

Hi, first time user here. My dad and i found a 98 integra with a b18c5. the motor is out of the car right now and just needs a crankshaft to be put back together. My question is, which cranks are compatible with the b18c5? do i need one specifically for the b18c5? also, if anyone knows the going price for them? thanks, and sorry for the noobness.

mjones73

The B18C5 crank is only used in that motor, it's heavier (has more counterweights) then the B18C1 crank so it's more stable at higher RPM's, if you're putting back together a B18C5, I'd stick to the correct crank.

Acura part number 13310-P73-J01, $950ish new. You may want to hunt around for a used one.

samsonov

thanks for the reply. i read somewhere else that u can use a b18c1 crank instead? theyre probably the same price though. 950 ish is kind of a lot, i'll look around on ebay or something.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you should be fine with a gsr one as long as you have the gsr rods. The crankshaft from a c5 and type rs are heavier so they can sustain race conditions unlike the gsr. the type r was created for the circuit and street.

ssmokeyy

If your only finding cranks around 950 than you might want to order a eagle crank ESP-1834331772 you can get your hands on one for 650 to 800 depends on where you find it but there a beast of a crank.

samsonov

my dad thinks the same stuff tell em its a honda not a 350 chevy
lol tell me about it.
another quick question, the car we found has some stupid ricer tail lights and i want to put some oem ones in. i think i found some for like 60 or 70, is that a good price for them?

ben h

Banned
lol tell me about it.
another quick question, the car we found has some stupid ricer tail lights and i want to put some oem ones in. i think i found some for like 60 or 70, is that a good price for them?
yea thats about the right price for em