Official Safety Discussion Thread

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I'm assuming you're from Southern CA, I'm from Northern CA so I don't know any specific shops down there, but I'm sure you could find someone down there that does.

Once a year or once a week, doesn't matter. All it takes is one mistake to crash, and the mistake doesn't have to be directly related to your driving. Tire failure, brake failure, engine failure, other drivers, debris, the list goes on and on of what can cause a wreck. Not worth the risk. Most nice helmets are approved up to 10 years from their SA date, so if you buy a brand new SA2010 helmet, you can run it until 2020 safely. So even if you spend $300-400 on a real car racing helmet on the lowest end of the price scale, you're still only paying ~$50 a year to be safe.
It's not really practical to look at it as $50 a year in this sense since you're not financing it

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Dylan, I suggest moving this to the "track" section. Actually, perhaps we should change it to "Motorsports"?

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
^ just the guy im lookin for lol

Interested to talk helmets sir.

OLDSKOOLACURA

My plans as of now: custom cage from the seats back, new seat with 5/6 point compatible, harness, and neck doughnut.

Then in a few months: New helmet and HANS device with harness for passenger side and new seat with 5/6 point capabilities.

I do worry about driving with the harness on the street, seeing how your neck takes most of the impact, but with my steering wheel air bag removed, I can't use a stock belt anymore.
I've kinda created a bad situation for myself.
Ironically, I also received my passenger side air bag delete tray on Monday, which I will not be installing without further thought, if at all. I will not take away safety features from my passenger side when their life is in my hands like that
Yea i kinda did the same thing with my car. S2000 seats itr wheel (no abs) and deleted srs system with stock seat belts, but I plan to (after enjoying the car for a little bit) get racing seats and 5 point harness for driver and passenger. I don't mind driving without an airbag, but I couldn't live with myself if a friend got killed in my car when I could have prevented it.

Posted from my build thread

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Today I'm picking up an ITR non srs steering wheel. I gave it some thought, but I decided to get it...