Official Safety Discussion Thread

OLDSKOOLACURA

This is what im running:
4 point roll bar with custom X brace by Evil Genius Racing (NASA inspected and will probably pass for SCCA)
Takata MPH harness (Short) aka the jdm harness with anti sub strap
Schroth FIA backing plates
Schroth eyelet bolts
Schroth wraps
Recaro SPG (out of date)
G Force helmet SA 2010

Nice setup

Posted from my garage

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i want a cage like that! once i get my suspension in order and my wheels, im moving to my safety stuff
It has its pros and cons. I do recommend doing an auto power bar if you want interior pieces like a head liner or sunroof. I had to delete mine and the plug had to be worked. I wrote a review on it...i wasnt happy with the product. Its up to you though, auto power is cool because you can retain everything and make it look stock inside which helps with classes in SCCA. Look through my build it has a lot of information.

Nice setup

Posted from my garage
Thank you! I wanted to do more with the rear, but since I dont drive to the track on my r comps, i had to make some way to put wheels under the bar. Its still a really nice bar, i want to respray it a different color. Maybe when i take it to paint.

xZachTheRipper8

ive already deleted most of my interior kinda lol I don't have the back seat or any sound deadening, I have the plastic panels but that's about it for the rear aha but ill look into that auto power bar because I kinda like my sunroof lol

OLDSKOOLACURA

It has its pros and cons. I do recommend doing an auto power bar if you want interior pieces like a head liner or sunroof. I had to delete mine and the plug had to be worked. I wrote a review on it...i wasnt happy with the product. Its up to you though, auto power is cool because you can retain everything and make it look stock inside which helps with classes in SCCA. Look through my build it has a lot of information.

Thank you! I wanted to do more with the rear, but since I dont drive to the track on my r comps, i had to make some way to put wheels under the bar. Its still a really nice bar, i want to respray it a different color. Maybe when i take it to paint.

What plate thickness did you use to connect the cage to the floor? Or is that more of a old school way of doing it?

Posted from my garage

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I'm not sure what plate thickness. It's a NASA legal cage and probably Scca legal too. John at evil genius racing is a NASA inspector and he's the one who built the cage. I left it in his hands, and told him what I wanted.

OLDSKOOLACURA

I'm not sure what plate thickness. It's a NASA legal cage and probably Scca legal too. John at evil genius racing is a NASA inspector and he's the one who built the cage. I left it in his hands, and told him what I wanted.
Ok, thanks for the fast response though

Posted from my garage

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

This is what im running:
4 point roll bar with custom X brace by Evil Genius Racing (NASA inspected and will probably pass for SCCA)
Takata MPH harness (Short) aka the jdm harness with anti sub strap
Schroth FIA backing plates
Schroth eyelet bolts
Schroth wraps
Recaro SPG (out of date)
G Force helmet SA 2010
Wanted to update what im running for safety if anyone wants a good bench mark to get their car ready for track and want to do some safety mods.

Schroth Profi II - 6 FIA harness (non HANS) - its a 6 point with the cam lock on the anti sub. You can request for the anti sub to be moved to the lap belts like on the Takata MPH. Cam lock is metal unlike the
Recaro SPG (out of date)
G Force helmet SA 2010
HANS Sport II

This is the basic set up i think most will end up running in the future. There are HANS alternatives, NECKSGEN and the Defender are popular. They are less intrusive than the HANS and offer the same protection. NECKSGEN also provides some side impact protection.

Pegasus Racing is having a 'sale' on HANS right now. They are $600 for the sport II and come with free shipping.

Almost all of the neck restraint systems will be $600 with little or no discount.