Oil Temperature?

SteelerDan

I've replaced my short block with a B20 Z2 I have run into a technical issue with the three sensors located next to the oil filter on the B20 block, VS where they were on the B18.
I omitted the knock sensor from the B20, and had to drill and tap a location for the AC Temperature switch.
that left the Oil Pressure sending unit, easy, same location on both blocks. Here is my question.

There is what appears to be a "temperature switch" that appears to read OIL Temperature. I am not sure if this is correct or if this is another water Temperature sensor.
I've uploaded two images. The mystery sensor is Green.
Of note, this mystery sensor/switch screws into a large flat freeze plug type threaded insert. there are two on the intake side of the block. This one is near the oil filter, and at the Alternator end of the block, or front. when I removed it, no coolant came out, and the probe end of the sensor was coated with oil.

Attachments

SteelerDan

Thanks everyone for your help.
The item is in fact an Oil Temperature Switch. (acura calls it a "Thermo Sensor")
Part Number 37773-PR4-AO1 or Standard Motor Parts TS479
none of which are available anymore. No longer made. If you know of anyone with new old stock. I could use one. Or If you know or an alternate part number or substitute, ALSO: big time need for this info, what thread size, what temperature(s) does this switch operate at. How many ohms resistance should a functioning switch read? None of that seems to be available on the web. If you know, feel free to chime in.
1726 1727 1728