Opinion on Motor/Torque Mounts?

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Hey guys, just had a quick question regarding motor mounts. I've been doing some reading on my options and I was curious on what some of you think.

Alright, so my GSR obviously needs mounts, I can feel/see it. I was checking around and noticed my torque mounts seem pretty thrashed, but haven't really checked the main mounts yet.

Here's what I'm wondering. I was considering leaving the stock main 3 mounts, and just replacing the torque mounts with the Avid racing billet torque mounts. Could I do this instead of replacing the main mounts? Considering the Avid torque mounts only cost $100, it seems like a nice option to me.

Thoughts?

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Whatever you do don't get poly inserts for your mounts! My GSR was shaking like a bitch when it was at idle. Took me forever to figure out why until I took them out! LOL! Ended up replacing the torque mounts with just some cheapy advance auto ones and noticed a big difference. You'll probably be able to shift a bit more smoothly with them Avid torque mounts. I almost got them but was short on cash at the time. They should work just fine with your 3 stock mounts unless they are shot as well.

dc97

Poly= stiffer bushings.. can handle abuse, better torque

Oem= just comfortable thats it

jbrown97ls

I would replace all worn mounts. Since the rear is bad as well, replacing only the torque mounts puts more stress on the new ones than it ussually would since the rear is not in use. You wont be distributing the forces of the engine evenly.

jbrown97ls

Also, the avids will create a lot of vibration. I have hardrace torque mounts which arent as stiff and they cause pretty bad vibration from what everyone says who rides in my car says. I noticed it at first, but now I can barely tell. I just got use to it I suppose.

dopematic

The vibrations just comes from the stiffer mounts, but it does perform better.

^^ what he said, I would replace all the mounts.

Cheap method and cost efficient way to salvage your current mounts is to get some polyurethane fill from home depot or somewhere else and fill up your motor mounts. There's plenty of DIY's on it.

dc97

Just get innovative motor mounts and call it a day

72Spitfire

The Poly motor mounts are much stiffer. You WILL have quite a bit of vibration. They do soften a bit over time and you get used to it. I swear the car handles MUCH better with POLY mounts because you don't have the engines weight slopping around. I love my poly mounts (I think they are AVID - and there are 3 different stiffneses for them...i recommend the softest of the three)
Grocery getter or race car...you decide haha

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Thanks guys. Yes I know they increase vibration, I've ridden in quite a few cars with poly mounts. I actually prefer that.

I guess I'll do all of them, I was trying to avoid having to do the rear mount as I hear its a pain. Oh well :p

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Thanks guys. Yes I know they increase vibration, I've ridden in quite a few cars with poly mounts. I actually prefer that.

I guess I'll do all of them, I was trying to avoid having to do the rear mount as I hear its a pain. Oh well :p

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Energy suspension torque mount kit, comes with the 2 side mounts and rear I believe. Like some had said though, it will vibrate at idle so you would have to get used to that

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Energy suspension torque mount kit, comes with the 2 side mounts and rear I believe. Like some had said though, it will vibrate at idle so you would have to get used to that
I would but the ES kit is not meant to fix torn mounts. Plus the way I see it if I'm going to have the mount out I might as well actually replace the whole thing.

jbrown97ls

I have the hasport mounts with the 70a? bushings I dont recall the exact durometer but they're above the "street" poly. It did vibrate terribly the first week or so. It felt like a race car, haha. I'm guessing they've "worn in" since I barely notice it now. I'd consider my car a grocery getter and after having worn OEM to billet/poly I'll never go back.