Parkland Auto Machine. Avoid like the plague!

dlo253

So as some of you may know I am in the process of rebuilding my motor for my DD.
Sent my stuff to parkland auto machine in the parkland/Tacoma area.
Don't really feel like getting into the whole story... on my cell phone.
But I got bore/hone, rod ends resized, ARP bolts pressed in, hang pistons, resurface flywheel, and a balance job..
The whole time I got the runaround. One week turned into about a month....
Get around to putting my pistons in today. THEY DISTORTED ONE OF MY PISTONS....... must have been while hanging them. So needless to say... here I sit with my bottom end half way assembled.. and one piston that is nothing but a paperweight. At this point, I don't think anybody should take the risk with them. Let's see if they make it right, I'll be going there tomorrow. I'll keep you guys filled. Sorry if there are any errors smart phones aren't very smart, ya know.

dlo253

Figured I may as well update this. Kinda forgot... anyways, they made it right and replaced the piston. Although they still claimed it was nothing they did. If that's the case why did they replace it? I just know I'll never give them any of my work again. After talking to a couple buddies and hearing some other horror stories I suggest staying away. Send work to dale green if you want quality work..