power windows

slikk

Money Getter
how difficult is it to upgrade from poor man windows and locks, to power windows and locks

does anyone know of a link to a kit for this kind of upgrade ?

DownShift96GSR

I haven't done this before and I don't know of a site, but just thinking about it shouldn't be too hard. Just get the motors from a junk yard and ask a mechanic how its done. I think you might have to get different door panels for them to fit. But hey, just hit EBAY and pick up some ITR door panels from JAPAN and you're all set..........

slikk

Money Getter
all i need is a motor , door panel and an switch for the window to work?

what about the mechanics of the power lock and to get power to the motor ?

DownShift96GSR

Hey man I never said I knew how to make it happen. You might want to get a book that shows you how to fiix your Integra. They sell them at like Checkers or Pep Boys, you know some store like that. That might show you how in some way.

Baldy201

Google it. There are companys out there that make kits to convert from manual to auto windows and locks. If you get the list of parts maybe you can go to a junk yard and pick them up. As for the door panels you should not have to get new ones. I would think that would be standard on all tegs power windows or not.

s2l

any manual window/door lock setup can be converted into powered ones. It just takes motors to actuate them. You can go OEM by buying doors that already has the motors in them, and just do a bit of rewiring, or you can buy aftermarket motor kits that will allow you to integrate them seamlessly. My civic didnt have any powered doorlocks or windows, so i got the SPAL power window and door lock kit. Took me about 2hrs to put in. Added a DEI 530T window module to my alarm and now i have one touch windows where i can hit the down button once and it slides all the way down. It also works for the up motion too. When i arm my car, the windows roll up by themselves, and the doors lock. Hope this helps.