Procharger vs turbo

lownslo91

Just lookin for daily boost to kick in to other peoples ass. Would prefer to use regular pump gas on it but if neccessary for cleaner fuel will change. My general questions are:
Which would be better for daily/commuter use?

From research i understand 5 to 8lbs of boost is enough to blow through traffic and other streeters, is that true?

I have a tuning program but know clue as to how to use it properly

I have swapped the internals and a small 30mm bore n polish. Should i do more inside the engine first?

I'm on a budget so cost matters a little bit. Would a $500 kit be any worse than a $1000 kit.

What is the best kkit for the b18b engine?

Any questions about internals or other parts on the vehicle, don't hesitate to ask. A album of the vehicle is on clubintegra.com under my username. Lownslo91

Thanks for the help i reply very quickly please don't leave immediately

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

cvcrcr99

Just lookin for daily boost to kick in to other peoples ass.
what? You want to boost into people's asses? I am lost by this statement.

Would prefer to use regular pump gas on it but if neccessary for cleaner fuel will change. My general questions are:
You will more than likely tune on premium and continue to use that once boosted.

Which would be better for daily/commuter use?
both are fine as long as the tune is correct.

From research i understand 5 to 8lbs of boost is enough to blow through traffic and other streeters, is that true?
you need to do a lot more research. PSI means nothing when it comes to turbos.

I have a tuning program but know clue as to how to use it properly
and it is called what?

I have swapped the internals and a small 30mm bore n polish. Should i do more inside the engine first?
Not sure what this means. what is 30mm inside the engine?

I'm on a budget so cost matters a little bit. Would a $500 kit be any worse than a $1000 kit.
Have you looked at prices? I would suggest to keep saving until you have at least 2k.

What is the best kkit for the b18b engine?
depends on how much power you want.

Any questions about internals or other parts on the vehicle, don't hesitate to ask. A album of the vehicle is on clubintegra.com under my username. Lownslo91

Thanks for the help i reply very quickly please don't leave immediately

lownslo91

Ok my bad about you getting lost. Ok which would be better for a daily use car is what i am asking. A procharger or turbo. 500 bucks isn't all i have but its still in a budget. I know there's more research to this but as i stated.

Which would be better on 8lbs of boost? She's a daily. No rough terrain in my commute at all.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Damn it, cvcrcr99 beat me to the itemized quote.

lownslo91, Procharger doesnt even sell a kit for the B18b.
Look into a used JRSC kit.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Pro charging is possible, though the brand name itself doesn't manufacture for our b18s.

What your talking about is a centrifugal type charger.

Your better off not going any supercharger route because of how inexperienced you are about forced induction.

The cheapest route would be to turbocharge.

Now, ebay turbo kits are fine.

Everything can be used, but don't expect big power with an ebay turbocharger.

I suggest turbocharging as it is fairly easy to stay out of boost while highway cruising if your turbo is sized to match for your gearing.

So let's say when your going 60mph on a highway at 3000rpm, and your turbo is at minimal boost at a few psi. Your in the clear to fuel savings.

If your turbo is too small, which is fairly common with ebay turbos that they aren't very large .

Your cruising at 60mph and at 3000rpm your turbo is running near full speed, your not saving any gas and the heat will prematurely wear down your engine.

I suggest getting Intake, headers and exhaust and staying na for as long as it takes to source all the parts.

You can turbocharge overnight but skipping any step will bite you in the ass.

What you need to do is find yourself a reputable honda/acura tuner who has been around the block with turbocharging.

Find what power goal you want and buy parts to accommodate your daily driving needs and engine reliability.

Don't be shocked if you have to fully rebuild your complete head and block to rub a turbo, which you should anyways.

lownslo91

Thanks don. I'm prepping the car for a turbo kit from ebay. Naturally for my first boosted vehicle i dnt need to much power. This year/season ill be working the engine to fully support a turbo. I even looked into a full swap for an motor straight out of japan. Just gotta search US import laws

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Why does it need to be from Japan? Keep it simple and cheap, build up what you have to make it stronger.

lownslo91

Very true on justins part but honestly I'm just going for the authenticity. I'm in love with the country of japan itself.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
I like japanese ish just like everyone else but I myself don't care for vtec.

It is powerful, you essentially run a 2 stage cam if you have the supporting mods and tune.

An example is an aggressive cam lift and duration, so aggressive you can barely idle. Nice and lopey. Then your vtec grind can be set even more aggressive, so aggressive you can't run at idle. Atleast that's what I would do if I had it.

I would rather turbocharge a nonvtec simply because all the money spent could be put into better valvetrain, cams and forged internals. Then if I so chose I would do an lsvtec swap.

You know japan goes crazy for USDM mods right?

I'd prefer USDM engines anyways, half the price and local.

There's tons of internally broken jdm engines shipped over here. Be weary of shady suppliers.

Build what you have, enjoy it for awhile. Learn your way around an engine.

I've seen many locals who buy parts, slap them on and call themselves tuners yet are incapable of properly honing cylinders, checking service limits, changing valve stem seals, headgaskets, setting base idle, fitv adjustment, tps adjustment etc.

The way I see it, the more you save on labor costs by investing in your own time, the more you can spend on pretty parts.

OneFastGSR

If you purchase a ebay turbo kit, Get a godspeed kit. I think it might be more than the other ebay kits by a hundred bucks or say, Maybe not but I know someone personally local that has ran a godspeed kit on their integra for over 50,000 miles with no issues. Just don't even start the car without a tune. When you install the kit get a walbro 255, some 550+cc injectors, and hondata s300 and take the car to get a tune before you drive it boosted. The car should run a good 250-300whp and daily no problem